talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Women's Euro 2017

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ridiculous to compare womens and men's football. It's not a level ground the inferstructure in mens is so far ahead. It's like comparing a state school to a private. It's come a long way in the last 15 years and will continue to get better. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's ridiculous to compare womens and men's football. It's not a level ground the inferstructure in mens is so far ahead. It's like comparing a state school to a private. It's come a long way in the last 15 years and will continue to get better. 

I don't think anyone here was comparing off the back of that game. No disputing the game has improved but some players still can't seem to kick the ball properly. Comparisons in general though are inescapable when the women's game is trying to garner publicity from footballing outlets used to promoting the male equivalent. 

I just don't think it's right to be saying it's gash. Anyway a game can still be good even if the quality is not as good. I've seen loads of conference games better than champions league games.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I just don't think it's right to be saying it's gash. Anyway a game can still be good even if the quality is not as good. I've seen loads of conference games better than champions league games.

To be fair, regardless of gender, if a football match is gash, it's fair enough to call it out as gash. QPR are regularly gash and I still end up at Loftus Road each season questioning my existence.

I thought you lived in france xD Fair enough although some of the matches have been very good. Holland Belgium was a good game.  Scotland and Portugal are probably the two worst teams in the tournament.

When I watched England in the first game I was surprised at how far they've come passing the ball. They can pass the ball as well as anyone. The only thing I thought they were behind on in terms of professional quality was when the ball comes at them fast and unexpectedly and they have to get it under control their reactions seem to lack grace and quality. When in control of the ball they are quality.

5 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

When I watched England in the first game I was surprised at how far they've come passing the ball. They can pass the ball as well as anyone. The only thing I thought they were behind on in terms of professional quality was when the ball comes at them fast and unexpectedly and they have to get it under control their reactions seem to lack grace and quality. When in control of the ball they are quality.

England v.portugal just kicked of. Lucy Bronze on the bench has gotta be because Sampson is thinking ahead to France if we play them.

I think if Portugal win 3.1 both teams go through no matter what Spain do if i have the complicated mini league thing right

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Germany who have won the tournament 6 times in a row have been knocked out by Denmark.

It's wide open now for a new winner.

England v France in the Quarter Final tonight at 7:45pm 

could be one of the best chances for England to win this tournament now. 

And before yesterday's game started there were only England and Sweden (along with Germany) who had got to a final before.

Lot of inexperience for some players/teams now. England in the front seat but France will be a tough test. 

From what i have seen England have been the best team in the tournament so far. Unfortunately I just think France migh edge it tonight. But I hope im wrong.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Half time 0-0. I don't remember anyone having a shot. Game is quite frantic though.

of the games I've watched that always seems to be the case. Not many goals scored across the tournament. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived