talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thomas Tuchel - Will He Survive The Season?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Spike said:

They've signed two first team players already, how many signings do they need?

They have only really replaced what they have lost.

If I was a Chelsea fan I would be more concerned with what Tuchel had to say after the lost.

The worrying part is the level of commitment, physically and mentally… it was far higher for Arsenal than us.'

The level of mental commitment that we lacked because we have a lot of players who are thinking about leaving and looking at their options.

Who are these players that are thinking of leaving and looking at their options?

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

They have sold Rudiger and bought a worse player than rudiger 

They sold Pulisic and bought a worse player than Pulisic 

Neither of those things happened. Stop talking out of your arse.

Just now, Spike said:

Neither of those things happened. Stop talking out of your arse.

Was just going to say that.  Maybe he meant Lukaku not Pulisic.  As for Koulibaly being worse or better than Rudiger,  let's see him play in the Premier first.

4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sorry you're right. You gave Rudiger away and got a worse player. 

And you're looking to sell Pulisic. Not gone yet is he, but got a worse player. 

I'd say Sterling is much better than Pulisic tbh. 

• The title was changed to Thomas Tuchel - Will He Survive The Season?
5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sorry you're right. You gave Rudiger away and got a worse player. 

And you're looking to sell Pulisic. Not gone yet is he, but got a worse player. 

I didn’t do anything 

13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The over the hill cunt who misses open goals more than he hits them? We're thinking of the same player right? 

Look at their numbers and stats. 

You're on to a loser here mate 👍 

Personally, I think he's frustrated that the club haven't managed to get in most his targets at this point.

He obviously wants Kounde and that's dragged on, he wanted Raphinha and they kinda got played by Deco on that one, and whether there is truth in it or not, it seems like he'd quite like Ronaldo.

And whilst he's not got all those in, he's a little reluctant to let go of your Alonso's, Azpilicueta's, Hudson Odoi's, Pulisic's and Broja's etc that want to go because he doesn't want to leave himself short.

It's a bit difficult because everyone's had a shorter turnaround in pre season because of the World Cup and I should imagine for the first two/three weeks of the new season, there will be several sides that look a bit undercooked and need time, it's just as a manager of a club with high objectives, you feel like you have to hit the ground running and clearly they are behind schedule.

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Let's be honest Chelsea aren't beating Barce to signings if Barce can afford them so they should really focus on players where they have more of a clear run

Well, let's be honest! If Barce would only sign players they can afford Barce weren't a La Liga club anymore.

I thought he was a bit too strong with his comments after the loss against us. Questioning the players' commitment just before the season starts can't be great when it comes to his relationship with them.

4 managers have claimed our players have a mentality/attitude issue. It stems from the veteran players and rubs off on the younger ones. 

The player power culture needs to be changed immediately. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

And whilst he's not got all those in, he's a little reluctant to let go of your Alonso's, Azpilicueta's, Hudson Odoi's, Pulisic's and Broja's etc that want to go because he doesn't want to leave himself short.

This isn't true.

It's a one out, one in situation. The difficulty is that we have an abundance of average/mediocre players on high wages that are difficult to sell. 

9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I dont think he does. There's way too many players that are looking to move on which is a reflection of his leadership. Far too many players have underperformed since early December too. 

See the video of him telling Sar to shut up? So disrespectful lol

23 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I dont think he does. There's way too many players that are looking to move on which is a reflection of his leadership. Far too many players have underperformed since early December too. 

Of those players though who do you think is actually good enough to play for us?

I think it's 50-50.

I think @Cicero is right - there've been too many managers to complain about how the dressing room has a bad atmosphere for it to just all be on one manager when their heads drop. The culture of player power at Chelsea has been a big part of how they've operated for over a decade - but now they've got a new owner who's looking to emulate 2 sides that seem to have been able to balance planning for the future with competing for honours in the present day.

First things first is then washing the stink of player power leading to players performing under their normal abilities. Then I think if Tuchel can't get them playing well after clearing out some of the older heads with that downing tools mentality that's plagued Chelsea for years... then it's time to start questioning him.

But you don't rebuild a club to have a new long term vision by sticking to the same short-termism that created those problems under the old ownership... it'd just be a continuation of the old policies. If they can get someone who's a proven world class manager in modern football instead of him to come in... sure, maybe then consider it a bit early. But I don't think there's too many managers that appealing to Chelsea at this point in time that'd be willing to take on that project.

8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'd say Sterling is much better than Pulisic tbh. 

It's not even close tbh xD - Sterling is a great player, he's probably not rated as highly as he should be because he's a bit of a cunt... but he's also had a racist media making shit up about him and his family (remember that "he's got 6 kids" shite when he was 21 or 22... it was absolute bollocks).

He's got flaws sure, but every player does really - but he's a remarkable player whereas Pulisic is a player who looks like he's got talent but is still pretty raw, fairly inconsistent tbh, and is quite injury prone. I don't think it's any real comparison between the two of them. Sterling's much better.

Unless Tuchel throws his toys out of the pram similar to Conte in 2018, I can't see him leaving. 

People want to make a big deal about players wanting to leave, but just take a look at those who are reported to be unhappy. 

Werner

Ziyech

Pulisic

Kepa

Alonso

Azpilicueta

Emerson

Batshuayi

Not one of them are good enough to start for us let alone even be here. We are living in a time where players who are paid far more than they deserve, take no accountability for their limitations as a player and always point the finger at someone else. 

Archived