talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kasper Schmeichel Moves to Nice

• Administrator

£1m + bonuses fee agreed with Nice.

End of an era.

Leaves a legend. His personality/character amongst the club will be missed just as much as his on-field quality.

Big shoes to fill whoever is the replacement, be it Iversen/Ward or someone new!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent keeper, he was a great player for Leicester for years. His famous dad can be well proud of his son. He didn't ride his name but made a name for himself. One million pounds is peanuts a Nice get a quality keeper, only a bit of odd pick for next club.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Excellent keeper, he was a great player for Leicester for years. His famous dad can be well proud of his son. He didn't ride his name but made a name for himself. One million pounds is peanuts a Nice get a quality keeper, only a bit of odd pick for next club.

Gets to live in/near Monaco no doubt. Not a bad place to set up for the final years of your career 😎

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

Leciester don't seem to be in the market for a new keeper.  Who starts in goal now Ward or Iverson?

I think that's what they're going to try and determine over the period pre-World Cup. They're in a bit of a battle with each other.

Iversen will start against Brentford. To be honest I think Iversen's ceiling is higher than Ward's. Ward isn't really good enough. He's fine as a backup but not a starter. Iversen did well in the Championship and may step up. I have doubts but if one of the two made it for us I'd probably guess Iversen.

I'd imagine goalkeeper will be a priority next summer. The real shitter about this move is that we're suffering the hit of losing a key player without really seeing much benefit. We won't even get a fee of note. So we're probably still going to end up selling somebody else key.

This summer really has been depressing. Genuinely think it's the most miserable I can remember since the mid 00s when we were genuinely in the dumps as a club. We're obviously not like that now but there really hasn't been a single good thing to happen right the way through it. Schmeichel will be the first departure when we've got a good 8 players who need shifting, with him not being one of them. Miserable.

15 hours ago, Dan said:

I think that's what they're going to try and determine over the period pre-World Cup. They're in a bit of a battle with each other.

Iversen will start against Brentford. To be honest I think Iversen's ceiling is higher than Ward's. Ward isn't really good enough. He's fine as a backup but not a starter. Iversen did well in the Championship and may step up. I have doubts but if one of the two made it for us I'd probably guess Iversen.

I'd imagine goalkeeper will be a priority next summer. The real shitter about this move is that we're suffering the hit of losing a key player without really seeing much benefit. We won't even get a fee of note. So we're probably still going to end up selling somebody else key.

This summer really has been depressing. Genuinely think it's the most miserable I can remember since the mid 00s when we were genuinely in the dumps as a club. We're obviously not like that now but there really hasn't been a single good thing to happen right the way through it. Schmeichel will be the first departure when we've got a good 8 players who need shifting, with him not being one of them. Miserable.

You sure it's Iverson that will start against Brentfird?  I want to use one of them as my back up keeper in fantasy football.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

You sure it's Iverson that will start against Brentfird?  I want to use one of them as my back up keeper in fantasy football.

Ward has only just come back from injury and Iversen has played in most of our friendlies. I'm pretty certain it'll be Iversen. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

On this subject if you pick both Iversen and Ward then you're guaranteed a starting goalkeeper for £4mil. Albeit you have to put up with our defending xD

Iversen is who I think will play. I'm favouring Iversen of the two. He did well at Preston and probably deserves a step up - but it is a gamble putting him in for Schmeichel. The problem is whoever misses out is going to probably want out themselves.

I'd not actually be against selling Ward and promoting Stolarczyk. If Iversen is deemed not up to it then get a replacement in.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

On this subject if you pick both Iversen and Ward then you're guaranteed a starting goalkeeper for £4mil. Albeit you have to put up with our defending xD

Yeah I think it's a trap. I can already see Gabriel scoring from a corner in the second week.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah I think it's a trap. I can already see Gabriel scoring from a corner in the second week.

Or whoever their smallest player is. 

I checked the other day and Iversen wasn't even on the FPL game... 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Clean sheets are what you want obviously but that is a quite cheap option for a goalkeeper. Anybody who is worth £4mil that is going to start is often worth having about unless they're horrific. I want to think we'll concede less this season given we should, touch wood, have our stronger defenders back.

• Administrator

He's officially signed for Nice. 

Gonna take a while to adjust to not seeing him play for us, and play for a different club. Wish him all the best though. 

• The title was changed to Kasper Schmeichel Moves to Nice
  • Subscriber

Horrible. I'm really fucked off. When people say 'emotional exit' that's what it should be, but four days before a new season after eleven years here? It's bollocks. One of the key faces of a story like ours and it's done just like a fringe player has gone out on loan.

Schmeichel going is something that was obviously coming but I really thought this would've been handled better. Southampton should've been a proper send off. This wasn't a fresh deal made on a whim - it's been in the pipeline months.

Truly one of the most iconic players we'll have. A legend.

Archived