talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wesley Fofana Signs for Chelsea

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Once again, like Schmeichel, I thought this would be next summer.

Players need to go but there is a worry that if none of the ones we want to go, we're going to end up having to cash in on players we don't want to.

I want nine figures. He's ace. Probably the best centre half I've seen here.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Does feel like a kick in the bollocks for Leicester this (If true). 

They have every right to demand something insane. 

£100m+. At a bare minimum. 

Reflects the talent, potential, value to us and the huge gaping hole he'd leave behind. 

Would be devastated if we lost him so soon. Feel like we've missed out on seeing him play in person because of his injury and Covid. Also expected this to be next summer and still do. But part of me worries that we need to sell to free up funds and wages to do any business this summer. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are Leicester fucked by FFP or something? Seen no real news about any incoming players & just news of players looking to potentially move on.

Not really fucked, but our wage to turnover ratio is horrendous. So we need players to leave to raise some funds. We have money, just that we can't break the bank with signings that will want big money. The poor transfers last season are messing us now - Vestergaard and Bertrand especially who are on silly money compared to the low output they gave. 

So we just need to get rid of some players before we can buy. My preferences to leave would be those two, Choudhury, Amartey, Soyuncu. On top of Kasper (who was rightfully earning a lot) that frees up a fair bit of money. Castagne possibly too as a sacrificial lamb, so to speak. 

I just hope we don't lose anyone else on top of Kasper and the likely Tielemans exit whenever that may be. Thankfully Ricardo, Maddison and Fofana all signed contracts recently so are tied down for longer and therefore will need big money to move. 

• Administrator

Also @Dr. Gonzo the downside of it all is that we've missed out on some very decent prospects which we realistically could have been in for signing. De Ketalaere, Scamacca, Cheick Doucoure are good examples. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Rick said:

No chance this is even close to 100m (surely tongue in cheek shouts?). 55-60m and it’ll be done I reckon. 

No tongue in cheek here. 

Like I said, there's a price to be paid for a player of his quality and more importantly, how we (Leicester) value him. If Chelsea want him, they have to pay what the seller wants... 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

No tongue in cheek here. 

Like I said, there's a price to be paid for a player of his quality and more importantly, how we (Leicester) value him. If Chelsea want him, they have to pay what the seller wants... 

Do you genuinely think you’ll get 100m? Or within 20m of that figure? 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Do you genuinely think you’ll get 100m? Or within 20m of that figure? 

Put it this way, if we don't, I'll be disappointed. 

I don't think he'll even go this summer, which is why I think it needs to be that much to even consider selling him. 

Maguire goes for £80m. Fofana is hugely better than him. As a comparison point... 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Leicester have been quiet and only exits seem to be linked.  Schmeichel, Tielemans, Barnes and now Fofana.

Because we need to free up some wages before we can start buying. Future-proofing against FFP in case we qualify for Europe again. 

Latest is that Chelsea 'have agreed terms with Fofana' but we've rejected first offer.

Whatever happened to having a bid accepted first before player is allowed to talk to a new club?! 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Whatever happened to having a bid accepted first before player is allowed to talk to a new club?! 

Don't think its ever been the case. It's asking the club permission to speak with the player. 

If you go over the club's head, you get fined. Ala Ashley Cole. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Because we need to free up some wages before we can start buying. Future-proofing against FFP in case we qualify for Europe again. 

Latest is that Chelsea 'have agreed terms with Fofana' but we've rejected first offer.

Club have clearly okayed the move, pre-agreeing the personal details makes the move quicker to wrap up once a fee has been agreed upon.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Leicester might be a decent outside cheeky bet for relegation this season. 

I would place a wager with you on this but you have a record of not sticking to your word to donate to the forum when you lose 

72bc6e6e98039a5ba0e47c5c081e7151.gif

48 minutes ago, Stan said:

I would place a wager with you on this but you have a record of not sticking to your word to donate to the forum when you lose 

72bc6e6e98039a5ba0e47c5c081e7151.gif

I meant with the bookies! I'm not saying Leicester will go down, just that it might be worth a little punt. 

• The title was changed to Wesley Fofana Signs for Chelsea

Archived