talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Saturday 30th July, 2022 (Community Shield)

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 17.00 (BST)

Venue - King Power Stadium, Leicester

155.png       VS      1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Team History in Community Shield
Liverpool
Winners - 
15 (5 shared)
Last won - 2006
Runners-up - 8 (last in 2020)

Man City
Winners - 6
Last Won - 2019
Runners-up - 7 (last in 2021)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the big one, this things HUGE, it's like a big dinner plate :ph34r: ..we have only been back in training a few weeks and only had 2 pre season games so we are not going to be fully upto speed yet but still managed to totally dominate Bayern Munich so it should be a good game ..Gundogan, Stones, Foden & Laporte stayed in Manchester so haven't played any games yet. Haaland scored twice against Munich, could of easy had 3 or 4, he's going to be a hand full for every team we play this year, looking forward to this

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Ake - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Bernardo

Mahrez - Haaland - Greelish

bench:- Ortega, Estbrand, Riley, Stones, Laporte, Phillips, Gundogan, Foden, Palmer, Alavrez, McAtee, Delap, Edozie

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think City will win this just because Adrian's going to be in goal. A bit shit to not have our first and second choice keepers really available at all for pre-season.

I imagine there will be heavy rotation by both teams, it's only a friendly really isnt it

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think City will win this just because Adrian's going to be in goal. A bit shit to not have our first and second choice keepers really available at all for pre-season.

Your squad has had more match practice though and looks to have had a longer pre-season. Think that'll pay off. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Your squad has had more match practice though and looks to have had a longer pre-season. Think that'll pay off. 

Yeah that's true. Also you never know which Adrian is going to turn up xD - some days he's brilliant some days he looks like it's first day ever playing as a goalkeeper.

7 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Looking forward to this, if only to see City's line up so I can get some ideas for my fantasy team.  If Walker and Grealish start here it should, could , or might mean they start the first couple of weeks.

Stick Haaland in, he's going to average a goal a game ;) 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah that's true. Also you never know which Adrian is going to turn up xD - some days he's brilliant some days he looks like it's first day ever playing as a goalkeeper.

Adrian vs Haaland should be exciting :35_thinking: wonder how your defence will cope with him is what im looking forward too, your probably thinking the same about Nunez against Ake or a youth player 😂 

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Adrian vs Haaland should be exciting :35_thinking: wonder how your defence will cope with him is what im looking forward too, your probably thinking the same about Nunez against Ake or a youth player 😂 

Tbh I'm not really sure Nunez will start this one - Klopp's shown he's willing to hold off on regularly using his expensive signings until he thinks they're ready. Having said that, this is also his most expensive signing I believe (well once the add-ons come into play)... so who knows. 

I'm generally excited to see how he does in our attack, not really against any particular opposition - he's just a different kind of attacker to what we've really seen under Klopp's time with us and I think it'll be a pretty substantial change to the way we approach matches. I guess that's a bit similar to you as well, because while you recently had Aguero who was a traditional forward... I think he's a bit different in terms of what Haaland offers.

Honestly from the little I've seen of our pre-season, I think the signing that excites me most is Carvalho. I've only really seen highlights but he looks like a pretty special young player. I wonder if he'll get any time in the Charity Shield.

I thought you sold Ake to Chelsea??

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh I'm not really sure Nunez will start this one - Klopp's shown he's willing to hold off on regularly using his expensive signings until he thinks they're ready. Having said that, this is also his most expensive signing I believe (well once the add-ons come into play)... so who knows. 

I'm generally excited to see how he does in our attack, not really against any particular opposition - he's just a different kind of attacker to what we've really seen under Klopp's time with us and I think it'll be a pretty substantial change to the way we approach matches. I guess that's a bit similar to you as well, because while you recently had Aguero who was a traditional forward... I think he's a bit different in terms of what Haaland offers.

Honestly from the little I've seen of our pre-season, I think the signing that excites me most is Carvalho. I've only really seen highlights but he looks like a pretty special young player. I wonder if he'll get any time in the Charity Shield.

I thought you sold Ake to Chelsea??

Think Haaland will only get a cameo too, he didn't play the first friendly and only and 40mins of the 2nd which he had an hour break in between because of a deadly storm over the stadium 😯😂 the viking brought the lightning after he scored they had to leave the pitch 😂 ..we decided to keep Ake because Laporte and Stones are injured and Chelsea trying to low ball us, he was great against Munich, think he could replace Laporte on that showing

5 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I have Haaland I am hoping that at least Grealish starts regularly.

Greelish will rotate with Foden onless Foden moves to the right :35_thinking: ..its risky picking City players with the amount of rotation we do

9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Its the big one, this things HUGE, it's like a big dinner plate :ph34r: ..we have only been back in training a few weeks and only had 2 pre season games so we are not going to be fully upto speed yet but still managed to totally dominate Bayern Munich so it should be a good game ..Gundogan, Stones, Foden & Laporte stayed in Manchester so haven't played any games yet. Haaland scored twice against Munich, could of easy had 3 or 4, he's going to be a hand full for every team we play this year, looking forward to this

Ederson

bench:- Ortega, Estbrand, Riley, Stones, Laporte, Phillips, Gundogan, Foden, Palmer, Alavrez, McAtee, Delap, Edozie

Still making excuses before the games i see, not much changed at TF in the past two years 🥷

10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Doesn't matter if you win or lose this one, I think the only thing either team won't want is to be on the end of a hiding.

Coming out of it with no injury's is all that matters really, the result doesn't really matter count with the amount of changes both teams will make. i think we will play our first team for 60mins with only having 2 games so far, you play tomorrow so you might play your strongest team for 90mins and reserves tomorrow? 🤔

Would have liked to have seen Nunez from the start, but she should get half an hour in the second half. Strong sides from both teams, be interesting how Virj & Joel deal with that big bastard upfront. 

Our 3rd pre season game, strong starting line ups, lots of respect shown for this great piece of silverware B|

Ederson

BENCH:- Ortega, Stones, Phillips, Gundogan, Alvarez, Foden, Palmer, Esbrand, Mbete

Martin Tyler just said 'In Norway they pronounce it [Hall-land] but in England we tend to say [Haa-land]. But we aren't in Norway so we are going to say [Haa-land]'.

Are you fucking kidding me?

• The title was changed to Liverpool 3-1 Man City - Saturday 30th July, 2022 (Community Shield)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived