talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SPFL Matchday - 2022/23

football forum

New season starts today, with Livingston Vs Rangers at lunchtime. Premiership Champions Celtic are at home to Aberdeen tomorrow.

Both games are live on Sky Sports, with Livingston Vs Rangers being the first SPFL match to be broadcast in UHD.

• Upvote 1

• The topic was pinned
  • 3 weeks later...

This is genuinely an interesting move from Celtic and I think it's a pretty smart way to exploit the offside rules. Ultimately though I think the idea that you can stand in an offside position, receive the ball from someone who is onside when you are now onside and gain an advantage from it makes a mockery of the offside rule in general as it's pretty impossible to defend against. I think there is also an argument that you are active in the move as you are purposely standing in an offside position to gain an advantage from the offside trap that has been set, impeding the defence's ability to defend against the attacker

Can't imagine this will last long but fair play to Celtic.

Edited by Danny

On 29/08/2022 at 11:50, Stan said:

This isn't a new thing? 

Is it not? Players are found in offside positions and then are onside but I can't remember seeing a team purposely put players in offside positions to then play them onside?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Is it not? Players are found in offside positions and then are onside but I can't remember seeing a team purposely put players in offside positions to then play them onside?

It's happened before. One example (because it's painful and involves Leicester :dash3:)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Colak seems to be a good buy for Rangers.

Picking up on what Morelos seems not to be able to do any more. 

Hearts just down to 10 men. Ridiculously stupid stamp from Devlin on Matondo. Needless considering where the foul took place.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...