talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

James Maddison to Newcastle?

They've bid but they're miles off what we want and there's no way they get near it either.

Heard the other day Spurs are still after an attacking midfielder type so I do wonder if they'll have a go at this.

Even though they aren’t one of the top 5/6 now, I would choose Newcastle over Leicester. Leicester are stagnating big time this season where as Newcastle are on the up. I just don’t see where Leicester can go from here?

First couple seasons under Rodgers they bottled the last few weeks of the league and let other teams overtake them into the good European spots, and now with seemingly not having a penny to spend on the squad they are only going to be weakened over the next month. Fofana is almost certainly gone, Tielemans might be off to Arsenal as well. If I’m Maddison, I would really be wondering why I’m staying to struggle to a top ten finish. 

52 minutes ago, Rick said:

Even though they aren’t one of the top 5/6 now, I would choose Newcastle over Leicester. Leicester are stagnating big time this season where as Newcastle are on the up. I just don’t see where Leicester can go from here?

First couple seasons under Rodgers they bottled the last few weeks of the league and let other teams overtake them into the good European spots, and now with seemingly not having a penny to spend on the squad they are only going to be weakened over the next month. Fofana is almost certainly gone, Tielemans might be off to Arsenal as well. If I’m Maddison, I would really be wondering why I’m staying to struggle to a top ten finish. 

I don't think we'll struggle to a top ten finish. We were bad for the most part last season and finished 8th.

I get Newcastle are on an upward trajectory but that's not to say we're now hovering in mid table. Our downward trajectory (if there even is one) is not as pronounced as you make it to be. 

Also its not that we don't have money to spend. We do. It's that we have to bring wages down in line with FFP so we're not screwed over within the next 12-24 months. We just have shrewd owners so as not to get fvkced over with fines or points deductions or banned from Europe should we qualify. 

I still think we're in good shape to challenge for Europe again. 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think we'll struggle to a top ten finish. We were bad for the most part last season and finished 8th.

I get Newcastle are on an upward trajectory but that's not to say we're now hovering in mid table. Our downward trajectory (if there even is one) is not as pronounced as you make it to be. 

Also its not that we don't have money to spend. We do. It's that we have to bring wages down in line with FFP so we're not screwed over within the next 12-24 months. We just have shrewd owners so as not to get fvkced over with fines or points deductions or banned from Europe should we qualify. 

I still think we're in good shape to challenge for Europe again. 

That's a massively deluded post. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I stated that Arsenal should not move for Tielemans,  when you can sign him for free by January for next season,  why help leicester.    Last season they were in limbo for long parts in 11th  or 12th place going nowhere looking like a dried up team and could have moved Tielmans in January but they put a massive price on him that put teams off.   I think it is a good way for teams to use Leicester as a stepping stone here and just let him leave for nothing.   If they similarly limbo this season you can bet your bottom dollar they will be looking to flog maddison by January and they probably will take 40m and run.