talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 Silly Season 2022/23

football forum

GUOcfrz.jpg

Who do you think will get the remaining seats?

My bet:

Alpine: Piastri

Alfa: Zhou gets another year

Alpha: Keep Yuki?

Williams: Albon - Sargeant? 

Haas: Retain Mick

I'm realizing I forgot Pourchaire. Would Alfa rather sign him instead of retaining Zhou? 🤔

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'm realizing I forgot Pourchaire. Would Alfa rather sign him instead of retaining Zhou? 🤔

Well, he's a Sauber junior, but tbh I think it's a bit too early for him. Give him a top seat in F2 next season, and then sign him up for 2024.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

GUOcfrz.jpg

Who do you think will get the remaining seats?

My bet:

Alpine: Piastri

Alfa: Zhou gets another year

Alpha: Keep Yuki?

Williams: Albon - Sargeant? 

Haas: Retain Mick

Pretty much this. Tsunoda doesn't really seem to be going anywhere but I don't know who else might come into that team and Vips obviously isn't going to be on the table anymore. Iwasa is a Red Bull junior isn't he? Another year in F2 would be the ideal progression but they've promoted young drivers early before.

Piastri to Alpine seems nailed on although looking at Ocon's qualifying performances this season I don't know if they'd be totally confident of reliably seeing the full potential of the car with that lineup. I don't see who else they go for though. If Gasly was having a better year he might be in the frame and I'm sure he'll be on the phone to them.

If Mick can have a good second half of the year he should be fine for another year but I don't think that's quite nailed on.

Pourchaire might replace Zhou if he romps the rest of the F2 season as well. 

I thought Albon was all but confirmed at Williams already and Sargeant seems like a logical choice over Latifi who has outstayed his welcome now I'd say.

56 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Also reported in a French paper that Daniel Ricciardo is actually the favourite to replace Alonso at Alpine. 

I think it is just to get out of the oven that is McLaren.   Ricciardo doesn't seem right and Alpine may not be a good move either 

the question of alpine or Aston Martin needs a bigger picture look.   Aston Martin have new state of the art facilities ready soon and signalling intent to move up.  Alpine just stagnating possibly waiting for their next name change.

Aston Martin are not that far from Alpine.  Hopefully with new facilities it will get them into the next tier.

Aston Martin were prepared to offer a multi year deal which is a show of faith, one year deals aren't much faith shown.

• Subscriber

Ricciardo out, Piastri in at Mclaren.

Ricciardo to be bought out of his extra year with Mclaren apparently but they are seeking a "soft landing" for him so I imagine there's a good chance of a return to Alpine for him.

A shame for such a popular driver but he's been trounced by Norris for a year and a half despite that race win last year. Just hasn't quite happened for him at Mclaren. Hopefully he finds a place on the grid for next year if he still wants it.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Apparently Haas has suspended contract talks with Mick Schumacher. 😢 

Where did this come from? To be honest he's going to be in a spot of bother if Haas don't want him. I don't know if Ferrari have the clout with them anymore to get him into Zhou's seat at Alfa Romeo. Ferrari might yet take him as a third driver for a year and try to get him back on the grid a la Red Bull/Albon.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Where did this come from? To be honest he's going to be in a spot of bother if Haas don't want him. I don't know if Ferrari have the clout with them anymore to get him into Zhou's seat at Alfa Romeo. Ferrari might yet take him as a third driver for a year and try to get him back on the grid a la Red Bull/Albon.

RTL and ntv reported about this:

https://www.rtl.de/cms/f1-zukunft-in-gefahr-haas-setzt-vertragsgespraeche-mit-mick-schumacher-aus-5000305.html

Apparently because Mick was seen as a possible candidate at Aston Matin, and with them signing Alonso, Mick has no more options besides Haas. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So where is this going now?

Red Bull (Verstappen/Perez), Mercedes (Hamilton/Russell), Ferrari (Leclerc/Sainz), Mclaren (Norris/Piastri), Aston Martin (Alonso/Stroll) are locked in, to my knowledge.

Alpine will definitely be Ocon and increasingly looks like Gasly.

Alfa Romeo will definitely be Bottas and seen no indication it won't be Zhou again.

Alpha Tauri look nailed on to keep Tsunoda but not sure who will replace Gasly. Could be the first time in many years they recruit an existing F1 driver who hasn't come through the Red Bull academy.

Haas are going to stick with Magnussen but are weighing up Schumacher, Giovinazzi and possibly Hulkenberg for the other seat. I suppose Ricciardo could be on this list as well.

Williams have confirmed Albon for next year. Latifi, Schumacher, Ricciardo, Sargeant all possibilities for the other seat.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Alpha Tauri look nailed on to keep Tsunoda but not sure who will replace Gasly. Could be the first time in many years they recruit an existing F1 driver who hasn't come through the Red Bull academy.

From what I've heard recently, they are apparently keen on Colton Herta. FIA is said to be even considering an exemption for him because he doesn't have the required sueprlicense points. Not sure how much of it is true and how much is just silly speculation though.

Archived