talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2022-23 - Round 1 (Premier League)

football forum

• Subscriber

Welcome back to Last Man Standing and the traditional first round in the English Premier League. I'm tagging everyone that took part in the league last season, but all others are more than welcome too. I will NOT be doing a Friday reminder for this first week, if I've tagged you and you've not at least made a placeholder pick, I will assume you don't want to take part in this round.

@Bluewolf @Michael @Storts @DeadLinesman @Lucas @CaaC (John) @Mel81x @Stan @Rucksackfranzose @RandoEFC @6666 @Whiskey @Dan @The Palace Fan @Tommy @Aladdin @Redcanuck @...Dan @Pyfish @Eco @Viva la FCB @Pugwash @Rick @ROBBIEFC @Asura @Devil @nudge

A quick reminder of the rules:

- Each week, you pick a team and if they win, you progress to the next Gameweek. If not, you are eliminated. This continues until there is only one person left standing.

- You may not pick the same team more than once.

- When we get down to fewer than five players, you will be required to make tiebreak picks involving an individual goalscorer and the time of first goal in a randomly selected match, so that a winner can be decided even if nobody successfully picks a match-winning team. More details on this when it actually happens.

Preview - Gameweek One

Below are the opening fixtures for the Premier League this weekend. The first match is on Friday evening!

Crystal Palace vs Arsenal

Fulham vs Liverpool

Bournemouth vs Aston Villa

Leeds vs Wolves

Newcastle vs Nottm Forest

Tottenham vs Southampton

Everton vs Chelsea

Leicester vs Brentford

Man United vs Brighton

West Ham vs Man City

My pick for Gameweek One is Tottenham. Good luck!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
20 hours ago, Stan said:

Change your fucking pick right now.

I'm actually changing it I think. I'm not all that confident the more I think about it.

Tottenham for me.

• Subscriber

Little bump.

First game is in a few hour's time. If you miss the first game, you can still pick from the remaining fixtures as long as you get in before the game in question has kicked off.

This has always been the rule as there is only a disadvantage to making a later pick (less choice of games) after the first fixture(s) have gone ahead and will remain my ruling for this season.

Archived