talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal - Friday 5th August, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo_(2022).svg        VS       1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
04/04/2022 - Crystal Palace 3-0 Arsenal
18/10/2021 - Arsenal 2-2 Crystal Palace
19/05/2021 - Crystal Palace 1-3 Arsenal

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fancy Arsenal here.

They’ve looked good in pre-season and have made some good signings. Won’t be an easy game, Palace is a tough place to go and it’ll be a good atmosphere on opening night but I’ll go for a narrow away win.

I think Arsenal will come flying out the blocks in the early part of the season... Will be the complete opposite of what we saw last season.. Don't know if they will be able to keep it up across the whole season but expect them to be putting in some good performances in the early games.. 

Not only were Arsenal woeful against us last season, but they hadn't finished their transfer activity and had key players out. An absolute calamity of a start to a season.

This season feels like the complete opposite and Arsenal look well rounded and ready to perform at a high level. Might be a tough day for Palace this

I think Arsenal are coming into the season with a real point to prove, so expect them to be at full throttle here. Palace have a knack of throwing a spanner in the works though, so I can’t call it. Should be a good opener to the season. 

Well Arsenal leading 1-0 at half time. Zinchenko got a clever headed assist on his Arsenal debut to set-up Martinelli to score from close range. Zinchenko has overall had a good debut so far, no wonder Pep Guardiola wanted to keep him at City. Arsenal controlled most of that 1st half, but they will want to get the 2nd goal as soon as possible, because Palace did have a few moments of their own in that 1st half. But Arsenal need to be winning matches like this if they want to cement a top 4 place this season. All in all, Arsenal look like a strong side that can do very well this season.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 0-1 Arsenal - Friday 5th August, 2022
4 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Interviewing the managers at half-time?

It's a stalling tactic... First the managers, then the players, then some random fans from both sides.. Anyone but the officials which is what we are after... 

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal - Friday 5th August, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived