talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal - Friday 5th August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal seem to be content with sitting back since scoring, looking to hit Palace on the counter. Not terrible but not exactly exciting.

Odegaard could easily have bagged 2 goals tonight if he decided to shoot

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Arsenal have been fortunate tonight. Other than the first 20 minutes I haven’t thought much of them. 

The game continued mate after 20 minutes.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Not the most convincing performance but okay overall. Saliba is a beast.

He and Gabriel will be a formidable CB partnership. 

Not many sides you’d wanna face without your first choice wing backs but Arsenal done alright in the end. Palace had a lot of possession in advanced areas second half but ultimately struggled to create clear cut chances.

The first 20-30 minutes was sublime Football from Arsenal and that’s clearly the level they will be looking to play at this season. Could tell that their attackers weren’t fully aware of each other’s positioning as they’d run into each other at times causing an extra pass but a lot of potential there and a couple of clear cut chances.

Deserved win in the end, difficult first game of the season and a marked improvement compared to last season. A lot to improve on throughout 90 minutes though.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal - Friday 5th August, 2022

Palace had their chances so Arsenal lived a bit dangerously there. I always recognise a deflection as an own goal and not my own team's achievement but still a solid start for Arsenal. I also never take too much stock in the first match of the season. I've seen teams win 4-0 first match then get heavily beaten in their second match.

Not the best of performances apart from the first 20 or so minutes, but Palace are a good side so I'm very happy to start the season getting 3 points. 

I was delighted when we signed Saliba from Saint-Étienne and then disappointed when we didn't give him a chance. He was brilliant in France and he will be brilliant for us. I just hope we can keep him for years to come, because he's going to be a world class player.

42 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Neville says Arsenal need a CM incase Xhaka gets injured, or Partey goes away....

We needed one anyway with the added European games. Tielemans seems to be the target at the moment.

I just watched the match. Arsenal did come out of the blocks running. After that first 15 mins though, it we're a toss up. I don't think Arsenal are as good as people think.  Palace had a decent fight but you could tell the difference from no having Gallagher and Issy (sp?).

Unless they suddenly all click together, I can't see Arsenal in the top four. Just my humble opinion.

Arsenal were insane in the first 15 minutes but were lucky not to concede in the game, they rode their luck and it was only down to poor finishing from Palace that they got a clean sheet. 

Still, a 2-0 win away is a decent way to start a season. They'll be off the pace of City and Liverpool but are no doubt favourites for 3rd.

21 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Arsenal were insane in the first 15 minutes but were lucky not to concede in the game, they rode their luck and it was only down to poor finishing from Palace that they got a clean sheet. 

Still, a 2-0 win away is a decent way to start a season. They'll be off the pace of City and Liverpool but are no doubt favourites for 3rd.

Really? No doubt? I'd say it's pretty open between them, Tottenham and Chelsea.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived