• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal - Friday 5th August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Rick said:

Also, Brighton are laughing their tits off counting that Ben White money. He’s was awful last night. Always looked bang average when I’ve seen him for Arsenal. 

He was playing right back…

• The topic was unpinned

A lot of negatives but nothing concerning.

I thought Arsenal were very good. They were strong in defence, they were good at pressing before the goal and showed the different between a good pre-season and a disjointed one. I was relieved when they scored in the hope they'd take the foot off the gas.

We grew in to the game as it went on. Largely because Arsenal sat back. It was disappointing we didn't take the chances Edouard and Eze had. If Edouard is to play as the centre forward he really needs to take his chances as he doesn't offer us what Mateta does in terms of hold up play.

Hopefully we replace Benteke with a pressing forward. A buzzy type that's annoying in the box. I can't imagine we would have sold him without a plan.

6 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

A lot of negatives but nothing concerning.

I thought Arsenal were very good. They were strong in defence, they were good at pressing before the goal and showed the different between a good pre-season and a disjointed one. I was relieved when they scored in the hope they'd take the foot off the gas.

We grew in to the game as it went on. Largely because Arsenal sat back. It was disappointing we didn't take the chances Edouard and Eze had. If Edouard is to play as the centre forward he really needs to take his chances as he doesn't offer us what Mateta does in terms of hold up play.

Hopefully we replace Benteke with a pressing forward. A buzzy type that's annoying in the box. I can't imagine we would have sold him without a plan.

Eze's was quite bad, I remember thinking surely he is going to fling it far right hand corner of the goal and he just sort of went straight at the keeper.

11 hours ago, Danny said:

Eze's was quite bad, I remember thinking surely he is going to fling it far right hand corner of the goal and he just sort of went straight at the keeper.

Yeah, shame really as I thought Eze improved as the game went on and he began drift wide. He could have really done with the goal more for confidence than anything. We're hoping for a big season out of him now he's had an uninterrupted pre season.

A bit late to commenting on this...

Amazing result considering Palace’s home record last season was really good last season. That Saliva looks like he’s gonna be a saving grace where we were a bit at odds last season.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

A bit late to commenting on this...

Amazing result considering Palace’s home record last season was really good last season. That Saliva looks like he’s gonna be a saving grace where we were a bit at odds last season.

Could say he's the spitting image of what a great centre back should look like....

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Could say he's the spitting image of what a great centre back should look like....

I hope so and I also hope he doesn’t get too much media coverage either if you get why I’m saying that. The construction is really pretty and it can end up being amazing. But it’s fragile atm imo.

Archived