talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FPL Best Approach?

What Approach Would you Recommend to Start With?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What Approach Would you Recommend to Start With?

• Threemium
    • Big at the Back
    • Cover All Price Points
    • Midfield Dynamos
    • Heavy Upfront

When planning your FPL team what approach have you taken this season?

Big at the back - Involves five defenders usually priced over 5m to take advance wingbacks that get clean sheets and assists.

Threemium - Involves putting together a side with three priced at 10.5m or above and then working in the likes of Trent and Cancelo with cheap players around it.

Midfield Dynamos - Five playing midfielders priced over 5.5m that make the spine of the team in a 4-5-1 or 3-5-2

Heavy Strikers - Prioritise the likes of Haaland, Kane, Jesus and other 8m+ strikers in a 3-4-3 and then build the rest of the team around It.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

It's not intentional but I go heavy on the midfield. The value of assists and goals, and the restrictions of strikers these days means there's more value in midfield.

Salah still being a midfielder baffles me sometimes. Worth him taking up a big chunk of the budget. There's great value in players like Foden/Bernardo/Mahrez/Maddison/Barnes/Mount/Saka - all £7.0 or £8.0m. Especially when you think of the Man City players and the output they give.

I initially tried to squeeze Haaland and Salah in, but then found it too difficult to get any other decent quality in and around the squad.

TAA, Cancelo and Salah are musts for me and then fit everything else in around them. I've not quite done any of the above but four of my five defenders are 5m or more. Four of my five midfielders are 5.5m or more. And I've got Kane and Jesus as well.

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Big at the back. They are all virtual midfielders anyway.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Salah still being a midfielder baffles me sometimes. Worth him taking up a big chunk of the budget. There's great value in players like Foden/Bernardo/Mahrez/Maddison/Barnes/Mount/Saka - all £7.0 or £8.0m. Especially when you think of the Man City players and the output they give.

Yeah the emergence of wings backs and inside forwards has messed the game up a bit. I guess though to appeal to as many casual players as possible they don't want to over complicate it by changing so many players positions.

They have made some errors for me this season.

Jesus is far too cheap hense why everyone has him. What's the point?

And the defenders prices are a bit generous too, especially the Chelsea boys and Perisic.

It's really time to make Trent an £8m defender too. It just forces people to make more sacrifices than everyone havibg roughly the same template.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

They have made some errors for me this season.

Jesus is far too cheap hense why everyone has him. What's the point?

And the defenders prices are a bit generous too, especially the Chelsea boys and Perisic.

It's really time to make Trent an £8m defender too. It just forces people to make more sacrifices than everyone havibg roughly the same template.

I was surprised at Jesus - thought he'd be same as Darwin, £9.0m. 

Cash staying at £5.0m was welcome. All the Leicester defenders have dropped - players like Castagne & Pereira (had he not got injured) are good value at £4.5m. 

I'm surprised Alisson and Ederson aren't £6.0m keepers either given they're 2 elite GKs in the league. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I quite like that they've made GKs cheaper as it makes the elite GK more of an option than somebody to ignore.

But if the elite are more expensive, it means they have to weigh up having that keeper and scrimp on a position elsewhere. Or take the cheap value they're at now and still be able to spend decently elsewhere. 

• 1 month later...

Archived