talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-2 Brighton - Sunday 7th August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erik ten Hag is the most ridiculous choice as head coach Man Utd have come up with uptil now since Fergie. That’s not a slant on the Dutchman, but on not understanding how and why he became a name as a football coach. Man Utd isn’t Ajax. There is nothing about United’s club setup that resembles the Dutch club at all.

Let’s see how long he lasts. Could be a quickie this one unfortunately for him.

15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Erik ten Hag is the most ridiculous choice as head coach Man Utd have come up with uptil now since Fergie. That’s not a slant on the Dutchman, but on not understanding how and why he became a name as a football coach. Man Utd isn’t Ajax. There is nothing about United’s club setup that resembles the Dutch club at all.

Let’s see how long he lasts. Could be a quickie this one unfortunately for him.

Unfortunately, it’s the same for any manager in the world. It’s called Glazernomics. Every season, the club is apparently in ongoing talks to sign a player and by the time it goes away, there’s no time to sign another one. Then the “oh we tried” excuses begin. It starts from the top and works it way down. We are absolutely rotten to the core.

The most basic of football fans knew this year that Manchester United need at least 2 forwards, a central midfielder and a holding midfielder. Instead we got Eriksen simply because he was free, Martinez for no apparent reason and Malacia for no apparent reason. What the fuck is the end game? What’s the game plan? Where is the scouting? 

Pep Guardiola gets what he wants, cost no issue and decides this with the money men. If a player is a bust, they’re fucked off immediately. Same at Liverpool. At United? Fuck it. Give them a new contract or just continue because we can’t be seen to be making a mistake.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. United will never win the league again under the Glazers. Ever. As long as it’s commercially viable to run the club and make a “profit” of the dividends, they simply do not care. 

14 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Unfortunately, it’s the same for any manager in the world. It’s called Glazernomics. Every season, the club is apparently in ongoing talks to sign a player and by the time it goes away, there’s no time to sign another one. Then the “oh we tried” excuses begin. It starts from the top and works it way down. We are absolutely rotten to the core.

The most basic of football fans knew this year that Manchester United need at least 2 forwards, a central midfielder and a holding midfielder. Instead we got Eriksen simply because he was free, Martinez for no apparent reason and Malacia for no apparent reason. What the fuck is the end game? What’s the game plan? Where is the scouting? 

Pep Guardiola gets what he wants, cost no issue and decides this with the money men. If a player is a bust, they’re fucked off immediately. Same at Liverpool. At United? Fuck it. Give them a new contract or just continue because we can’t be seen to be making a mistake.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. United will never win the league again under the Glazers. Ever. As long as it’s commercially viable to run the club and make a “profit” of the dividends, they simply do not care. 

But that’s a whole different story to the one I was citing there mate. I don’t doubt Utd’s signing policy has been rather ridiculous in recent years. They spent a lot of money without thinking about what they really required some years back and now it’s all tight.

What I was saying about this coach in particular is that his success was down to a club (Ajax) that’s set up in a whole different way. There are football people from the top all the way down to the pitchside. They live from their academy and their testing ground for how it can all work is the domestic game. It’s laboratory football with permission.

He cannot go to one of the biggest football brands on the planet and function the way he know how to function. It just doesn’t exist there and he found out the day he was told there are certain names that have to play or chaos erupts. This guy is great for a Southampton or something of that ilk. Not because he isn’t a very good coach, but because he requires to be hands on and have slack to do it.

It’s partly his fault for accepting the position mind you. But the blame really is down to the club... the same way you’re citing footballers that have been error signings, this coach is one of those for Manchester United imo.

I just don’t know how many errors United can really permit themselves before they’re in real trouble tbh. Status isn’t an eternal given anywhere or in any profession.

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It’s partly his fault for accepting the position mind you. But the blame really is down to the club... the same way you’re citing footballers that have been error signings, this coach is one of those for Manchester United imo.

I just don’t know how many errors United can really permit themselves before they’re in real trouble tbh. Status isn’t an eternal given anywhere or in any profession.

I think what I was trying to say was is that there is literally nobody in world football who can turn this club around under the current owners. Not Guardiola, Klopp, Conte etc. No manager could work successfully under these cunts. We are utterly doomed.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 1-2 Brighton - Sunday 7th August, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived