talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365 Quiz 2 - Europe's Elite 2016-17

football forum

• Subscriber

Please make sure you have read the Guidelines and FAQ thread before taking part in the Quiz League - this will only take you two minutes.

Quiz League Round 2 - Europe's Elite 2016-17

So while the first quiz was very much focused on the English Premier League, this one tests your knowledge on some of the finer points of a range of Europe's elite competitions. All questions are related to the events of the last 12 months, have fun!

Click Here to take the quiz!

Access Code: 9PJJF95

Round 2 Deadline: Wednesday 5th July 17:30 (UK Time)

Remember! Do not give away answers in this thread until they have been revealed after the deadline!

Note: In case of any confusion, the question about Messi and Suarez is asking about league goals only!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not that I would be bad enough to cheat at these but I did turn to my girlfriend next to me for the ''Portuguese'' question (my girlfriend, from Porto and a supporter of FC Porto) to which she replied ''I don't know''. 

giphy.gif

Image result for roy hodgson bin

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Not that I would be bad enough to cheat at these but I did turn to my girlfriend next to me for the ''Portuguese'' question (my girlfriend, from Porto and a supporter of FC Porto) to which she replied ''I don't know''. 

giphy.gif

Look at me I have a girlfriend, la de fucking dah

28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Definitely harder that. I thought it was going to be easy after Question 1.

Really?, i think it was easier, it's probably because you're a Premier League fan that the first one was easier for you.

19 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Really?, i think it was easier, it's probably because you're a Premier League fan that the first one was easier for you.

You're probably right. I definitely don't feel as confident this time round. Would happily take a 6 or 7.

• Subscriber

Glad people are finding it challenging to be honest, the scores on this one aren't far different to the first quiz - talking about the general trend not individuals necessarily. 

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

15 entrants to this one already, although one rogue randomer who claims to go by the name of "GuppyTheGreat". Anyone want to claim this one? xD

Only a Leicester City fan would think Steve Guppy is great... so that narrows it down to 2 :ph34r:

Who took the quiz after that person though? They could be cheating to see the questions.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Only a Leicester City fan would think Steve Guppy is great... so that narrows it down to 2 :ph34r:

Who took the quiz after that person though? They could be cheating to see the questions.

No suspicious activity, don't want to give anything away!

• Subscriber
Just now, JOSHBRFC said:

Sorry mate I'm bad for doing this... the notification helps. Too late now though :dunce:

This one is still open until half 5 tomorrow, you have missed the first one though!

• Subscriber

The deadline is just a few minutes away - if anyone else submits in the next ten minutes I'll count your score and add it to the next update but I'm not expecting anyone else to do so and the next quiz is ready, so here are the answers to quiz number 2, thanks to all 17 members that took part in this one:

Quiz 2 Answers

1) Which goalkeeper kept the most clean sheets in the Premier League 2016-17 season?

D – Thibaut Courtois. The Chelsea stopper narrowly takes this accolade with 16 clean sheets. Lloris was close with 15, David de Gea joint third with Southampton’s Frasier Forster on 14 clean sheets, Petr Cech only managing 12 between the Arsenal sticks.

2) Barcelona’s Lional Messi and Luis Suarez were the top two goalscorers in La Liga last season – how many goals did they score between them?

C – 66-70. Messi’s 35 goals coupled with 29 from Suarez takes the Barcelona duo to a total of 66 league goals.

3) Which player was the top goalscorer in Serie A last season?

C – Edin Dzeko. A very close race in Italy last season as Dzeko (29 goals) narrowly edged out Mertens (28) and Belotti (26). Higuain and Mauro Icardi of Inter were joint fourth with 24 goals each.

4) Four sides occupied the top spot at the end of at least one round of France’s Ligue 1 this season – Monaco, Nice, Lyon and which other side?

B – Guingamp. This was already a nasty question unless you follow Ligue 1, so I decided not to include PSG as the “obvious” answer. Guingamp topped the standings for a week after playing three matches, before Monaco took over. Bordeaux sat second in the table after the first set of fixtures while Metz and Toulouse each sat third for a week early in the season.

5) Which of these sides occupied the fourth and final Champions League qualification spot in last season’s Bundesliga?

D – Hoffenheim. The German season ended with a whopping 13-point gap between fourth-placed Hoffenheim and Europa League qualifiers FC Koln and Hertha BSC behind them. Dortmund, of course, finished ahead in third place.

6) Benfica won their 36th title in the Primeira Liga last season, but by how many points ahead of Porto?

B – 6. Benfica took top spot five games into the season and held it until the last day, finishing with 82 points to Porto’s 76, with Sporting CP third on 70 points.

7) Lionel Messi won the European Golden Shoe in the 2016-17 season, but how many times has he won it before (not including this year)?

C – 3. Messi has now won the Golden Shoe in 2009-10, 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2016-17, making this the fourth time he has won the accolade, the same number of times as Cristiano Ronaldo and a shared record.

8) Which of the following teams did NOT qualify for the Champions League after their final position in their domestic league last season?

A – Atalanta. While Atalanta took fourth place in Serie A, the same as Liverpool and Sevilla in their respective leagues, they will have to settle for the Europa League this season due to the Italian sides’ lacklustre European performances in recent years. RB Leipzig’s second place in Germany was clearly enough for them to qualify.

9) Which of the following sides did NOT win their domestic league title in 2016-17?

C – CSKA Moscow (Russia). Anderlecht, Besiktas and Feyenoord were all successful in their domestic campaigns last season, but CSKA Moscow had to settle for second place in the Russian Premier League, finishing seven points behind their city rivals Spartak.

10) Who was the top goalscorer in the 2016-17 UEFA Champions League?

A – Cristiano Ronaldo. This prize was a two-horse race between Ronaldo and Messi this season, with Messi bagging an impressive 11 goals in 810 minutes on the pitch. It was Ronaldo who had the last laugh though, his brace in the final taking him to 12 goals in total as he finally took advantage of the 390 extra minutes he played compared to his rival.

Results

595d1282e5e85_Quiz2Results.thumb.png.ac46b3703ee507f095f68743a17064f6.png

@Lucas continues his strong start with a second 8/10 score, this time tying with @Stan, @nudge and first time participant @Storts. Well done folks, an impressive score on a tricky quiz :congrats:. @Large is the unfortunate recipient of the wooden spoon this time but can take some solace from the fact that he was one of only three people who correctly answered Question 4 about Guingamp topping the French table last season.

Archived