The better place to talk football.

Conor Coady Signs on Loan for Everton

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
28 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Bit bizarre that Wolves would loan him out

Apparently it's because the manager wants to go from a back five to a back four meaning he's going to be the one who drops to the bench and they want to give him the chance to get into the World Cup squad.

I am surprised though. He would be their next reserve at centre back and is also the club captain. Big mark of respect from the club to him to allow him to make the move.

A loan with an option to buy is a good deal for us as well. Signing a 29 year old as well as Tarkowski and Gueye who are even older isn't ideal for managing the age of the squad.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Apparently it's because the manager wants to go from a back five to a back four meaning he's going to be the one who drops to the bench and they want to give him the chance to get into the World Cup squad.

I am surprised though. He would be their next reserve at centre back and is also the club captain. Big mark of respect from the club to him to allow him to make the move.

A loan with an option to buy is a good deal for us as well. Signing a 29 year old as well as Tarkowski and Gueye who are even older isn't ideal for managing the age of the squad.

I didn't know that about the move to a back four. I do remember reading a while ago that Coady wasn't particularly comfortable in a back four when Wolves have used it on the odd occasion previously so makes sense I suppose.

28 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Find this surprising that Kilman is starting over him. I thought he was Wolves’ main man not so long ago?

Left footed centre back, very adept with his feet, I think Kilman's quite rated at Wolves.

Very good signing for Everton actually, massive upgrade from Michael Keane.

They’ve left it late but it actually look a like they’re going to sign some decently players, but we’ve thought that before with Everton.

• Subscriber

Pleased with this one. Good work from the recruitment team to pick up Tarkowski and Coady without spending a transfer fee meaning that, even with Mina and Godfrey injured, we shouldn't have to play the lottery of which Michael Keane is going to turn up whenever he makes an appearance.

I still have my reservations about Lampard's tactics and game management, but he's the first manager we've had post-Moyes who has identified the under performing squad players like Iwobi and Holgate who can actually do a job for us with a fresh start and some better guidance, whilst also seeing through the dead weight like Keane, Gomes, Gbamin, Davies, Delph who are/were never going to cut the mustard.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

so wolves sell him so they can play a back four, and coady can't play in a back four.  then signs for a team that plays a back four.   

We played a back five against Chelsea and seem likely to continue now with a squad including Tarkowski, Mina, Coady, Holgate, Godfrey and Keane.

• The title was changed to Conor Coady Signs on Loan for Everton

If Wolves have a central defensive crisis, this could seriously backfire.

I really don't get why they would be prepared to let him go out on loan. I'd understand more if it was permanent but a loan seems strange.

Only takes a couple injuries and they may regret that.

Good signing for Everton though. They look a lot stronger in the defensive third of the pitch now, scoring goals will still be the issue mind.

Archived