talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

unterhaus_fortuna_729.gif

Düsseldorfer Turn- und Sportverein Fortuna 1895 e.V. [fɔɐ̯ˈtʰuːna ˈdʏsl̩ˌdɔɐ̯f] (13px-Speaker_Icon.svg.png listen) is a German association football club based in Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia. The club currently plays in the 2. Bundesliga, the second tier of the German football league system. Founded in 1895, it entered the league in 1913 and were a fixture in top-flight play from the early 1920s up to the foundation of the nationwide Bundesliga in 1963 in which they participated in 23 seasons between 1966 and 2013.

All discussion relating to Düsseldorf that does not warrant its own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ubuntu said:

Do you have ST's there? I know you go to a few matches, but not sure if you have STs?

ST's? Season Tickets? Nope. When I go it's always spontaneous. Next time will be Monday against Braunschweig :) Only takes me 20 minutes to get there, so it's quite handy. 

Just now, Tsubasa said:

ST's? Season Tickets? Nope. When I go it's always spontaneous. Next time will be Monday against Braunschweig :) Only takes me 20 minutes to get there, so it's quite handy. 

Haha yeah - Sorry.

Oh nice! Fortuna vs Eintracht Braun might be a really quality matchup.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sounds like a good deal. Michael Rensing is a good goalkeeper, but he has his shaky moments. It's a shame that Unnerstall never got the chance to prove himself. 

• Subscriber

Do you think he'll beat Rensing for the No. 1 spot? The way I see it, it's a good deal for Fortuna as they're getting a decent, experienced goalie on a free transfer, not a great one for Wolf who might find himself sitting on the bench yet again...

On 6/12/2017 at 4:48 PM, nudge said:

Do you think he'll beat Rensing for the No. 1 spot? The way I see it, it's a good deal for Fortuna as they're getting a decent, experienced goalie on a free transfer, not a great one for Wolf who might find himself sitting on the bench yet again...

I doubt it. Funkel usually sticks with his favourite men, unfortunately. Even if they're 40 years old and need a wheeled walker. But we'll see. 

https://www.rp-online.de/sport/fussball/fortuna/fortuna-duesseldorf-vor-verpflichtung-von-davor-lovren-aid-1.6896640

So we're about to sign Davor Lovren, younger brother of Liverpool's Dejan Lovren. 

Let's hope he's blessed with the same amount of talent.

All in all, what a summer for Fortuna. Three signings, one of them a (probable) back-up goalie, no main-sponsor, no manager (director of sports) and training starts in a few days. Things are already looking like 3. Liga xD

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Toony said:

I believe they've got a friendly with Brighton next Friday?

Be an interesting test for both sides.

Yup, Friday the 14th! :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fortuna have signed Havard Nielsen from Freiburg, seems like you guys are seriously thinking about getting promoted, huh? :P 

Well, that's the plan but I remain pessimistic :D Not a bad signing though. Hennings was very inconsistent last season, so it's good to have another option. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Does anyone know anything about him? 

I saw bits of him while he was still playing for Kaiserslautern;fast, robust and hard working type. Not sure how he did in Stuttgart though, I barely saw any of their matches last season. 

5 hours ago, nudge said:

I saw bits of him while he was still playing for Kaiserslautern;fast, robust and hard working type. Not sure how he did in Stuttgart though, I barely saw any of their matches last season. 

Sounds good. Nice competition for the RB position for Julian Schauerte. Fortuna actually has a decent squad depth now. One more midfielder and we should be good. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived