talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

1:1 today, not the greatest results but the post-match atmosphere was amazing. Walked on the pitch, shook hands with Raphael Wolf, enjoyed the scenery.. amazing. Enjoying it while it lasts. Next season will be VERY tough to say the least. 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

So in the last couple of days Fortuna signed Kevin Stöger, and managed to extend with Kaan Ayhan. I have a very good feeling about all this.  Every decision so far makes sense, which isn't very Fortuna-like. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, nudge said:

Looks like you're about to sign Drobny O.o

@Tommy

That emoji perfectly describes the look on my face when I read the news. Apparently Funkel thinks Rensing and Wolf are too injury-prone, so he wants an experienced goalkeeper just in case. In the last months we had our 4th choice goalkeeper on the bench because Wolf and Wiesner were injured, so it kind of makes sense. 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That emoji perfectly describes the look on my face when I read the news. Apparently Funkel thinks Rensing and Wolf are too injury-prone, so he wants an experienced goalkeeper just in case. In the last months we had our 4th choice goalkeeper on the bench because Wolf and Wiesner were injured, so it kind of makes sense. 

I just don't really get it anyway; Drobny's 39, hasn't really had any match practice in almost two years now, and even then when he was playing I was genuinely scared every time the ball got close to him. Don't want to sound mean as he's a top notch character, but he's way past it and has been that way for a few years at the very least... 

15 hours ago, nudge said:

I just don't really get it anyway; Drobny's 39, hasn't really had any match practice in almost two years now, and even then when he was playing I was genuinely scared every time the ball got close to him. Don't want to sound mean as he's a top notch character, but he's way past it and has been that way for a few years at the very least... 

Look who carpooled with Drobny :D

Lukimya keeping fit at the 2nd team until he finds a new club. 

3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

That seems odd to me, any idea why Fortuna did no extend his contract? Surely not for sporty reasons, I guess?

Nobody knows, everyone is baffled by this. Apparently they wanted to wait and see how the 2nd half of the season progresses, whereas Funkel wanted a decision right now. Still, odd and a huge loss for Fortuna. 

Complete madness. The supporters are fuming. Petitions started, some call for an extraordinary club members meeting to vote the Management out, everyone using the hashtag #profunkel xD

Plot twist:

Contract talks will resume, and there will be clarification before the next Bundesliga match against Freiburg :D

I'm 100% sure the fans play a part in it. Robert Schäfer didn't expect that decision will backfire as drastically as it did. I've never seen that without exception, 100% of the supporters rallied behind Funkel :x

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't know if I could continue working with the club management under these circumstances if I were Funkel; this is some proper breach of trust there.

True. But they said they spoke again last night and realized that they were both a bit stubborn. I just want to keep Funkel, I don't care about anything else :D

Feels like the whole "announcement" thing was a tiny bit rushed. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Feels like the whole "announcement" thing was a tiny bit rushed. 

I can't imagine that. You don't rush something like that. I'm pretty sure that those people who made the decision don't want Funkel as a coach on the long run.

I just don't think they were expecting such a negative reaction and now they see the success for the season in danger.

Archived