talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

I agree, I just don't see a reason why they'd want to get rid of Funkel. He finally brought stability to the club, and managed to bring us from the relegation battle in the 2. Bundesliga to the Bundesliga, and played a very decent first half of the season. The players like and respect the hell out of him, the supporters love him, he's a local guy from the area who brought a new sense of identity to the club. The only thing I can think of is that Pfannenstiel came in with his "revolutionary" ideas from Hoffenheim, and probably wants to bring a "laptop-coach" like Nagelsmann in. 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably something like that, yeah. Funkel should be untouchable for Fortuna.

For him, however, this should not be a new situation. Throughout Funkel's career there have always been people who have criticised his idea of playing football. He just lets his teams play the way they can.

Funkel was mostly replaced by someone who wanted to play football in a more offensive and attractive way and thus failed, because those teams didn't have the necessary quality and Funkel was just aware of that.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Told you... haha. Friendly match?

Telekom Cup, with Fortuna, Bayern, Gladbach and Hertha. We lost the first match against Bayern in penalties, now we are playing against Hertha for 3rd place. Gladbach vs. Bayern in the final later on. 

• Subscriber

Markus Suttner: Brighton defender joins German club Fortuna Dusseldorf on loan

Brighton defender Markus Suttner has joined German club Fortuna Dusseldorf on loan until the end of the season.

The 31-year-old Austria full-back has not played a Premier League game for Chris Hughton's side this season.

Suttner joined Brighton in July 2017 from German side Ingolstadt for an undisclosed fee, and he played 14 times as they finished 15th in the table.

Fortuna Dusseldorf are 14th in the Bundesliga table but beat leaders Borussia Dortmund on 18 December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46926651

https://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/740467/artikel_duesseldorf_vier-siege-im-ruecken-kownacki-im-anflug.html

So according to kicker we'll finalise the signing of young Polish striker Dawid Kownacki in the upcoming week. A loan deal plus an option to make the move permanent for 7 Mio Euros. Stuttgart and Fulham were interested in him as well. 

“Fortuna Dusseldorf are ready to make a big economic effort for me. I don’t want to stay on the bench for the next six months. “The Germans offered €12m, but Sampdoria wanted €500,000 for the loan. We reached an agreement, I went back to training but I was then told me that [Samp] wanted to keep me in Italy so they could check up on me. I never want to come back.

Come on, man. We desperately need another striker. Although I really doubt that we offered 12 Mio xD

2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Can´t tell him, I'm too impressed by Klaus Allofs's moustache..:ph34r:

xD

The coach is Otto Rehhagel by the way, and that was his first title in coaching. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got a goalkeeper they don't need? :ph34r:

Wolf has some strange problems that kept and are still keeping him out for most of the season, Rensing has a stomach bug, and now Drobny fractured his hand. Hopefully Rensing will recover in time for Schalke. 

https://rp-online.de/sport/fussball/fortuna/fortuna-duesseldorf-jaroslav-drobny-bricht-sich-die-hand_aid-36977413?fbclid=IwAR1VKOebyRFwa5HQI-5KJse5SGyD-Lx-pJxbHfmg2VBVH-y2751EyoOBAGQ&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=share

7 hours ago, nudge said:

You could take Plogmann on loan :35_thinking:

Funnily enough I've tried to sign him on FM for Fortuna Düsseldorf. Offered Bremen 2 Mio, and they demanded 30 or 40 Mio for him. That was in 2022 or so :4_joy:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Funnily enough I've tried to sign him on FM for Fortuna Düsseldorf. Offered Bremen 2 Mio, and they demanded 30 or 40 Mio for him. That was in 2022 or so :4_joy:

He's a promising talent but not THAT promising :7_sweat_smile:

Archived