talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

On a scale from 1 to Jaroslav Drobny; how likely is he return to Bremen? :35_thinking:

Hmmm, somewhere between Torsten Frings and Claudio Pizarro :35_thinking:

But to be honest, all the best to him. He was an experienced decent back-up for us, and it felt good to have him between the posts instead of a greenhorn from the U23 when Rensing was injured. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hmmm, somewhere between Torsten Frings and Claudio Pizarro :35_thinking:

But to be honest, all the best to him. He was an experienced decent back-up for us, and it felt good to have him between the posts instead of a greenhorn from the U23 when Rensing was injured. 

Yeah he's a good person to have around the club - but I think his active career is well over... A while ago it was rumoured he should return back to Bremen this summer and start his training as a goalkeeper coach. Wouldn't mind that at all; maybe it'll help us keep Pavlenka in the club for a bit longer...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah he's a good person to have around the club - but I think his active career is well over... A while ago it was rumoured he should return back to Bremen this summer and start his training as a goalkeeper coach. Wouldn't mind that at all; maybe it'll help us keep Pavlenka in the club for a bit longer...

That sounds good. He can threaten him in Czech if he wants to leave. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nice! How much does it cost these days?

Well, it's seats, so it was around 350 €. I calculated though. Last season I attended 16 home games, and paid around 30 € per ticket, which would be 480 €. So I saved money, and I don't need to worry that I don't get tickets for the top matches. Next season I'll try to switch to a ticket in the standing area. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Well, it's seats, so it was around 350 €. I calculated though. Last season I attended 16 home games, and paid around 30 € per ticket, which would be 480 €. So I saved money, and I don't need to worry that I don't get tickets for the top matches. Next season I'll try to switch to a ticket in the standing area. 

That's definitely not bad at all!

• 2 weeks later...

I am never comfortable when 04 seems to be taking good players away from those supported by friends, but I understand that there has been pressure recently from both Arsenal and Everton to try and bring the guy to England.  Jonjoe seems to confirm part of the story and even with 10 goals last season Herr Raman's record is almost as good as the total of all 04 so-called strikers together so we do need a good 'import'. If he were to accept an offer from the UK he would have to fight for a place with some good strikers whereas at 04 he would almost certainly be first choice at the moment so it's not a hard decision to make - assuming David will be allowed to make a decent offer to the guy.  Sorry Thomas, but not a lot more one can say!

Marvin Ducksch joined Hannover 96 and signed a 3 year deal. I was very excited when he joined us, and expected much more from him. Some things are just not meant to be. 

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Finally some VERY positive news after all the departure talks about various players. One more year on loan, but the deal will turn into a permanent one if he plays a specific number of games for us. Good lad that Pole! 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Two more signings in one day. Erik Thommy from VfB Stuttgart and Nana Ampomah from Waasland-Beveren in Belgium. 

Thommy is class! Brilliant signing for you, is it a loan or a proper transfer? 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Aaaand another one. US Goalkeeper Zack Steffen joins on loan from Man City. 

@Eco is he good?

Nice one. Yeah he's really good. Our NT starter, although I still think either Sean Johnson or Guzan are slightly better. 

Archived