talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

@Tommy bought some mustard manufactured in dusseldorf (forgive the lack of umlauts only do that on my phone because it is convenient) to have with my Schweineschnitzel and Kartoffelsalat

Nice. What is it called? Löwensenf? Düsseldorf mustard, best mustard! 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

anhaengedownload.aspx?VL=400&HL=400&id=3

Watched this tonight. 3 hour movie about Fortuna's history. It really covered everything. From the founding of the club, to the start in the early 20th century, during the war time, after the war, 60's, 70's up until 2020. Really good watch and in depth. :) 

56 minutes ago, Tommy said:

@Rucksackfranzose :o Give me the details. How good or bad is he? You reckon he could be a success for us?

Was definitely one of the main reasons we exceeded expectations this season. Scored 15 goals and gave 10 assists although he only played 31 of our 35 league matches. In my opinion he's one of the better 3.Liga player, with good passing and ball control, a weakness of his is resistance versus frustration, if him or his team are performing badly for their ability, though. How he does a league above in a team that's not playing around him is yet to be seen, am positive he's talented enough to be more than just a squad player, though. Finally regretting he's leaving us although that's very much what most FCS fans expected. You got yourself an young right winger, who has enough talent to become a regular player in 2.Buli. That said, didn't watch enough Fortuna matches this year to establish whether he's an upgrade on what you already have on right wing.

53 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Give me the details. How good or bad is he? You reckon he could be a success for us?

Hi Tommy - I watched young Nikki in the U18 and U19 sides and he is another David Selke - works hard, plays hard but needs a Leon or Max in mid-field, otherwise his goal tally dries up!  Teams like Saarbrucken do not let their best talent leave without getting a huge offer and the fact that they have let him go after so few goals lately suggests that either their mid-field is lacking - or they have realised that despite his good looks, he is not the guy they need to hang on to - a bit like most of the 04 squad at present!!!  I look forward to seeing him play again in the one or both derbies next season, but will only judge after seeing how he fits in in your first few games - born on New Year's day he deserves a new start - maybe this will be it!

6 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Hi Tommy - I watched young Nikki in the U18 and U19 sides and he is another David Selke - works hard, plays hard but needs a Leon or Max in mid-field, otherwise his goal tally dries up!  Teams like Saarbrucken do not let their best talent leave without getting a huge offer and the fact that they have let him go after so few goals lately suggests that either their mid-field is lacking - or they have realised that despite his good looks, he is not the guy they need to hang on to - a bit like most of the 04 squad at present!!!  I look forward to seeing him play again in the one or both derbies next season, but will only judge after seeing how he fits in in your first few games - born on New Year's day he deserves a new start - maybe this will be it!

Ehm, he scored 15 goals in 31 matches and is on third position in the goal scorer table.

12 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Ehm, he scored 15 goals in 31 matches and is on third position in the goal scorer table.

Yeah - good results for BL3, but 2 and 1 are totally different worlds and Bayern have shown year after year that not only good players, but superb teamwork will be the only winner. Ik the Fortuna players can give him that he will prosper, but young David seems to have lost his way in Bremen after such a great teenage career and somehow they are not working as a team but as 10 individuals - not Nikkis' game.  As long as he does not hit the pinnacle of his season against us I will watch with interest:ay:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

but young David seems to have lost his way in Bremen after such a great teenage career and somehow they are not working as a team but as 10 individuals

Young David has lost his way after he left Bremen, really. 

2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Was definitely one of the main reasons we exceeded expectations this season. Scored 15 goals and gave 10 assists although he only played 31 of our 35 league matches. In my opinion he's one of the better 3.Liga player, with good passing and ball control, a weakness of his is resistance versus frustration, if him or his team are performing badly for their ability, though. How he does a league above in a team that's not playing around him is yet to be seen, am positive he's talented enough to be more than just a squad player, though. Finally regretting he's leaving us although that's very much what most FCS fans expected. You got yourself an young right winger, who has enough talent to become a regular player in 2.Buli. That said, didn't watch enough Fortuna matches this year to establish whether he's an upgrade on what you already have on right wing.

Thank you! :) Right now we only have Felix Klaus on the right wing position. He's slowly regaining his old form, and is becoming a real assest to the squad. Won't hurt to have some competition on that spot though. We have a rather thin squad on some positions. Like Matthias Zimmermann is our only right back. We do need some more creativity in midfield though, so I hope we'll bring in a playmaker type of player for next season. Right now we only have Shinta Appelkamp, who is quite prone to injuries, unfortunately. But when he plays, our whole dynamic changes. Fantastic young player. I hope he sticks around for years to come. Anyway, excited about Shipnoski. :)  The numbers in 3. Liga really speak for themelves. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Should have stayed with the Origines. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, nudge said:

What do you guys think of Lukas Wetzel?

He also reminds me a bit of young David tbh but he think he has more upside.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Sorry nudge - I meant that to read that after Bremen when he the first time and it all went somehow wrong - since his return something hasn't worked and my friends tell me even Davie is not sure why!

On 01/05/2021 at 16:09, Tommy said:

Watched this tonight. 3 hour movie about Fortuna's history. It really covered everything. From the founding of the club, to the start in the early 20th century, during the war time, after the war, 60's, 70's up until 2020. Really good watch and in depth. :) 

What happened during the war? Were they one of those clubs like Bayern that had to change all the imagery to have Imperial German aesthetics and Swastikas? Or was it a more simple 'everyone joined the army and died' story?

7 hours ago, Spike said:

What happened during the war? Were they one of those clubs like Bayern that had to change all the imagery to have Imperial German aesthetics and Swastikas? Or was it a more simple 'everyone joined the army and died' story?

The Nazis gained more and more control over football, because they realized it's a very popular sport and they can use it to their advantage. Clubs had to put up with new "laws", that allowed them to only have a certain amount of "Mischlinge" which means hybrids, and certainly no Jewish players. They called it the "Aryan paragraph". 

With the excuse that this paragraph is not part of our club consitution, our chairman back then, Mathias Bakkers, could postpone that until 1940. But he had to step back in 1939, because he was not part of the Nazi Party, and he was Dutch. He then was replaced by Germans, but Bakkers still pulled the strings behind the scenes. 

And yea, when Germany invaded Poland and World War II started, more and more players had to report for duty, and it went downhill with Fortuna because they couldn't compensate those losses. Fortuna played the last games during the war, in an inner-Düsseldorf-league with two other local clubs. But the games could rarely be played until the end because they were constantly interrupted by air raid alarms. They completely stopped playing in 1944. 

After the war, most football pitches and stadiums were destroyed. The football players in our region were quite lucky though, because we were British territory. So the Army teams were more than happy to play against skilled local players. So the local players often played against the Brits in exchange for food, because food was so scarse in post-war Germany. 

The first league games after the War were fairly local leagues. It took some time to create another nation-wide big league, because there simply was no money for it. 

So yea, that was probably longer than anyone asked for. Interesting times though. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Uwe Rösler's contract will not be extended. Kind of a shame. I liked him and he always gave it his all. I think our squad lacked creativity, and I would have liked to see him with us with an improved squad. But now it's time for a fresh start, which can also be positive. Will it be Miro Klose? :35_thinking:

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Uwe Rösler's contract will not be extended. Kind of a shame. I liked him and he always gave it his all. I think our squad lacked creativity, and I would have liked to see him with us with an improved squad. But now it's time for a fresh start, which can also be positive. Will it be Miro Klose? :35_thinking:

Is he going to join us? :35_thinking:

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Is he going to join us? :35_thinking:

Well, I hope he finds a good club. He's a great guy! Preston North End and Dynamo Dresden were apparently interested in his services as well. 

So Christian Preußer from SC Freiburg II will be our new head coach. 

Very exciting choice. He won promotion with Freiburg II in Regionalliga Südwest, and he's known for someone who can develop young players. Also Freiburg is known for producing quality staff and players. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Tommy said:

So Christian Preußer from SC Freiburg II will be our new head coach. 

Very exciting choice. He won promotion with Freiburg II in Regionalliga Südwest, and he's known for someone who can develop young players. Also Freiburg is known for producing quality staff and players. 

Oh wow, this is definitely an interesting appointment. Will be interesting to see how he does at a higher level.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Fortuna signing Ao Tanaka on loan from Kawasaki Frontale apparently. I've never seen him play but he's supposed to be one of the best players in Japan, and only 22 years old.

Really? Japanese players also help us a lot with merchandise income. Düsseldorf has the biggest Japanese population in Germany, and I remember when we had Usami and Haraguchi, there were almost more Japanese than German people in the stadium. And of course always with lots of bags of merchandise in their hands! 

And of course it's all the better if he's as promising as you say. :o 

Where did you get that news from anyway? :o 

Archived