The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Big changes!

Alexander Jobst will be our new CEO. 

But most importantly, we finally got rid of Uwe Klein. That guy just oozed incompetence. Klaus Allofs will take over his job as, and will therefore have a bigger influence on our Squad planning etc. Quite exciting!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Looks like we're about to sign Daniel Ginczek for 2 1/2 years. 🤔

What are general thoughts of Fortuna fans regarding this transfer?

Personally, as an observer who doesn't know Fortuna much, it seems like a weird transfer to me. An aging player with a long injury record signing for over 2 years? Looks to me like your management is making the same mistakes like ours did in recent years...

34 minutes ago, nudge said:

What are general thoughts of Fortuna fans regarding this transfer?

Personally, as an observer who doesn't know Fortuna much, it seems like a weird transfer to me. An aging player with a long injury record signing for over 2 years? Looks to me like your management is making the same mistakes like ours did in recent years...

It's a weird one for sure. We already have Hennings, Kownacki and Bozenik as our strikers. Behind that young and talented Lex-Tyger Lobinger. We actually have quality upfront. We just never manage to get the ball to them. So I surely would have prefered 1-2 creative attacking or central midfielders as that's  the area we're lacking the most. 

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Thoughts on Thioune?

I really liked him at Osnabrück, and I was curious to see how he'll do at HSV. He didn't do THAT badly there, did he? Didn't they sack him when they were 3rd? 

I still think he's a good coach, and a likable guy. I expected Allofs to bring in some "Schleifer" or a more experienced coach to get us away from the relegation zone though. Thioune sounds more like a long term solution you'd sign at the beginning of a season, or at least in the winter break, where he can offer his input on the squad building etc. 

17 hours ago, Tommy said:

I really liked him at Osnabrück, and I was curious to see how he'll do at HSV. He didn't do THAT badly there, did he? Didn't they sack him when they were 3rd? 

I still think he's a good coach, and a likable guy. I expected Allofs to bring in some "Schleifer" or a more experienced coach to get us away from the relegation zone though. Thioune sounds more like a long term solution you'd sign at the beginning of a season, or at least in the winter break, where he can offer his input on the squad building etc. 

They went through a rough patch and with the expectation being automatic promotion the board decided to get rid. 

Job #1 should be keeping F95 up, then let him rebuild in the summer.  I think he'll do a great job there.

Looks like Thioune arranged two long training sessions for today. In the morning and in the afternoon.

I'm optimistic with his appointment. Preußer was a big unknown, but Thioune already proved that he can do good things, even with a squad that is not that strong like in Osnabrück.

And I'd say he was at least pretty decent at Hamburg as they are an uncoachable mess most of the time anyway. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Looks like Thioune arranged two long training sessions for today. In the morning and in the afternoon.

I'm optimistic with his appointment. Preußer was a big unknown, but Thioune already proved that he can do good things, even with a squad that is not that strong like in Osnabrück.

And I'd say he was at least pretty decent at Hamburg as they are an uncoachable mess most of the time anyway. 

I might have mentioned it in another thread but the pressure on Hamburg was enormous.  The players couldn't handle it and management panicked. With Bremen and Schalke coming down the pressure is on them, not Hamburg.

Long story short, Thioune deserves another shot at a big club and I'm glad Düsseldorf gave him a chance.

On 10/02/2022 at 13:49, Coma said:

I just realized that if the season ended today that we'd have a playoff between @Tommy and @Rucksackfranzose for the right to play in 2. Liga.  

Lecker xD

And in that case we'd also had a all US American playoff between @Eco and @Chadwell for the right to start in the Buli.:)

The reason, why I posted: Good news, @Tommy. Hennings made enough matches for the option to extend his contract for another season to come into effect. In other words he'll play at Düsseldorf next season unless he'll be sold.

Archived