talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

32 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

The reason, why I posted: Good news, @Tommy. Hennings made enough matches for the option to extend his contract for another to come into effect. In other word he'll play at Düsseldorf next season unless he'll be sold.

Indeed! I doubt that we'll sell him. Two years ago, Köln was interested in him, and he said that he settled in Düsseldorf with his family, and that he doesn't want to go anywhere else. 

Absolute legend. I was in the stadium when he scored his first goal for Fortuna, and I'll be there when he scores his last. Hopefully there will be quite some time and many goals to come before that happens! 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems like Corona could royally fuck us. After Thioune, Bozenik and that fitness coach, Marcel Sobottka and Dennis Gorka also tested positive. On top of that there were several positive quick tests. Now they're waiting for the PCR results. 🥲

On 13/03/2022 at 16:44, Coma said:

What a shirt.

It's very nice indeed. Designed by Jacques Tilly, who is a very famous designer in Düsseldorf who mainly designs motto wagons for the Carnival parades. 

Anyway, Thioune returns. 🙌

• 5 weeks later...
On 20/06/2021 at 00:18, ...Dan said:

Fortuna signing Ao Tanaka on loan from Kawasaki Frontale apparently. I've never seen him play but he's supposed to be one of the best players in Japan, and only 22 years old.

And we're about to make his loan deal a permanent one! Very good news. He didn't have an easy start to his Fortuna career, but you could see glimpses of his talent here and there. Last Friday against Rostock, he probably played his best match for Fortuna so far, and scored his first goal. 

Also with the huge Japanese community we have in Düsseldorf, a Japanese player is always a crowd magnet. 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Look at this! An electronic free-kick wall that jumps up automatically. 

First the roof. Now this. We really are ahead of the curve. 

None of the robots are holding their junk.  This will never catch on.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Coma said:

None of the robots are holding their junk.  This will never catch on.

No 'draft excluder' either. They've got a long way to go...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bremen and Schalke supposedly interested in signing Marcel Sobottka on a free transfer, but it looks like he extends his contract with us instead. ❤️

We had a lactate test today, which confused me because there's only one match to go. But Thioune questions the fitness of some of the players, and wants to know what's what for next season's pre-season already. I love this coach. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We have signed 20 year old Benjamin Böckle, who is an Austrian Junior International. 🤔

@nudgeYou're our Austria expert. Do you know him? :ph34r:

Personally, never seen him play, as he came through Salzburg academy and thus played for FC Liefering, which is pretty much Red Bull reserve team in the second division. Only heard of him because he's been linked with several first Austrian division clubs this summer, with Sturm Graz, Austria Wien and WAC quite eager to get him, but he wanted to make his move abroad instead. From what I've read, his speed, passing and attacking qualities are his main strengths. He used to play as a winger/striker in youth setups apparently; scored plenty of goals too. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Personally, never seen him play, as he came through Salzburg academy and thus played for FC Liefering, which is pretty much Red Bull reserve team in the second division. Only heard of him because he's been linked with several first Austrian division clubs this summer, with Sturm Graz, Austria Wien and WAC quite eager to get him, but he wanted to make his move abroad instead. From what I've read, his speed, passing and attacking qualities are his main strengths. He used to play as a winger/striker in youth setups apparently; scored plenty of goals too. 

Sounds promising! Cheers! :) 

Yes yes yes yes! 

We have signed Jordy de Wijs permanently until 2026. 

He was already at Fortuna on loan from Queens Park Rangers in the 2nd half of last season and quickly became a supporter's favourite. 

I never thought we are able to sign him permanently. I expected a loan extension! Apparently he took a big pay cut to be able to join us. 

Haven't been that happy about an announcement in a long time! 🍻

Archived