talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

2 hours ago, Coma said:

@Tommy 😥

That's a huge blow. But I hope young Takashi Uchino gets a chance! He mainly played for our U23 last season, but already had to help out in the starting eleven of the first team when we had so many Covid cases. He looked absolutely incredible. Great attitude too! A real feisty little fighter! I'd love to see more of him next season. 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Our pre-season magazine was released today. How fucking cool does that cover picture look? Imagine doing that with Friedhelm Funkel. :ph34r:

Also I know the place where that picture was taken, as I walk past there several times per week. 

12015_Sonderheft_Cover_22-23_99_1_I2.jpg

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Our pre-season magazine was released today. How fucking cool does that cover picture look? Imagine doing that with Friedhelm Funkel. :ph34r:

Also I know the place where that picture was taken, as I walk past there several times per week. 

12015_Sonderheft_Cover_22-23_99_1_I2.jpg

giphy.gif

These are the vibes I'm getting from it xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Does anyone know him? German U19 National Team player, so he can't be that bad. 🤔 Apparenty we have a buyout clause too. 

Apparently switched national teams from England to Germany too; must have a good head on his shoulders :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Apparently switched national teams from England to Germany too; must have a good head on his shoulders :ph34r:

Yea, he was born in Germany, to Ghanaian parents, but raised in England. I wonder what his German is like. Haven't heard him speak yet. 😅

Edit: He sounds Bri'ish. 😅

Looks like we are going to sign Brighton's Polish right back Michal Karbownik. Another loan deal with a buyout clause apparently. 

21 years old and already played for Poland's senior team. Can't be that bad. 🤔

Genuine question: Have Fortuna signed a new sponsoring contract? Asking, because as a 21 years old Polish senior International from a Premier League club Karbownik can't be that cheap neither, and I seem to remember you mentioning Fortuna could only sign new players , when they sell as well?

5 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Genuine question: Have Fortuna signed a new sponsoring contract? Asking, because as a 21 years old Polish senior International from a Premier League club Karbownik can't be that cheap neither, and I seem to remember you mentioning Fortuna could only sign new players , when they sell as well?

Well, we've sold Khaled Narey and Jakub Piotrowski. Not sure what the finances were on the latter though, but he still had a contract with us until 2024, and his new club Ludogrets play Champions League. 🤔

So we signed Dutch midfielder Jorrit Hendrix. 

From Spartak Moscow and was loaned to Feyenoord last season. A youth product from PSV Eindhoven, just like our Jordy de Wijs. So they are re-united at Fortuna now. 

Does anyone know a little bit about him? Played Champions League 25 times for PSV. That's why he only signed a one year deal which will only be automatically extended if we get promoted. 

• 5 months later...

Klaus Allofs' contract extended for three more years. I heard they are also negotiating with Thioune, to prematurely extend his contract as well. I've read that they want Allofs and Thioune to become the faces of Fortuna for the future. I'm more than okay with that. 

We won a friendly against Grasshopper Zürich today, 1:0. But we played in such a beautiful scenery, with the Gibraltar mountain in the distance. 

325776456_1340432806748407_1240590362881

I absolutely love this picture. It's like the cover of a magazine. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Michael said:

Gives the definition of the Keeper Sweeper a whole new meaning! 😉 Manuel Neuer, eat your heart out!😆

He's fantastic at it. He used to be a striker until he was 16 or 17, so I guess that helps. I remember when our former coach Uwe Rösler sent him up for a corner, at the 75 minute. The opponent was so confused by that that we scored the equaliser. He assisted the goal too if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, Coma said:

🤔

Munich and Berlin wish they had such a beautiful tower. :ph34r:

That place is called "Kasematten" right at the river. Let's just say you pay for the view as well. Very expensive. 😅 But always packed. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Coma said:

I really like the Persil branding. 

Also reminds me of that building we have in Düsseldorf called the Wilhelm-Marx-Haus, but for the longest time I always called it the Persil building. 

w625_h1000_x312_y500_71026fa726ebb2d7.jp

44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I really like the Persil branding. 

Also reminds me of that building we have in Düsseldorf called the Wilhelm-Marx-Haus, but for the longest time I always called it the Persil building. 

w625_h1000_x312_y500_71026fa726ebb2d7.jp

Yeah I think the logo looks sharp on the shirt. Better than the Henkel one. Get rid of the pinstripes and I might even buy one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived