talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will not re-new Rouwen Hennings' contract and let him go at the end of the season. He'll join the staff after he finishes his playing career though. 

Absolutely gutted though. He's an absolute legend at Fortuna, and wanted to finish his playing career here, so I don't understand why you can't give him that chance and extend his contract for at least another year. His experience could also prove useful guiding younger players etc. 

When I returned to Fortuna, he was one of the first players that joined the club, and I was in the stadium at his first appearance for Fortuna, and I will be there for his last home game on Sunday. Very sad. :( 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

We will not re-new Rouwen Hennings' contract and let him go at the end of the season. He'll join the staff after he finishes his playing career though. 

Absolutely gutted though. He's an absolute legend at Fortuna, and wanted to finish his playing career here, so I don't understand why you can't give him that chance and extend his contract for at least another year. His experience could also prove useful guiding younger players etc. 

When I returned to Fortuna, he was one of the first players that joined the club, and I was in the stadium at his first appearance for Fortuna, and I will be there for his last home game on Sunday. Very sad. :( 

Genuinely likeable player, both on and off the pitch.

49b25806aec82d7932322eec563f57f8,d3f4e69

Pictures speak louder than words. What an honour it has been to witness his Fortuna career from beginning to end. Oh well, it's not the end, since he'll return as Staff at some point. Still feels like the end of an era. One of the best strikers in Fortuna's history. Legend. 

• 4 weeks later...

So two transfers finalised. Both from Freiburg II. 😅

But an even bigger signing for me is Lisa Weiß. Former German international, played for teams like West Ham, Lyon and until last season Wolfsburg. She won the Champions League, several Championships and Cups. She will join our Girls and Women department as a Coordinator. She was born and raised in Düsseldorf as well!

Yesterday, Fortuna's women's team had their first official training ever. They are a mix of promoted U17 players, and some more experienced players from nearby teams. 

Exciting times! They are gonna start in the Kreisliga next season and try to work their way up. 

Archived