talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 00:14, nudge said:

Yes, definitely! Spill the dirt :D  I already thought he's a massive c*nt after he got Hübner sent off, don't mind hearing more.

Sorry nudge about your 'thoughts', but I have to comment in the lad's defence.  There were some kids in Bergerfeld who were difficult at time s(as in all schools), but others - particularly the Muslim boys whose home discipline was great - were very easy to deal with and honest, respectable, decent young guys.  Difficult to say who was top of that list as they do change as they get older, but Mesut and Kaan were two of the best and although I have had very little contact since he left 04, I still think he is the same kid who tried his best at all times - at least he plays that way.  Sorry to seem interjective, but perhaps those advising players should be taken to task before we blame the guys on the field - as the perfect example look at Tonnies v Meyer and Goretzka!

Stay safe!

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news. The team can return to training tomorrow. The two players that were tested positive and three other players who were in close contact with them are quarantined. But the rest of the team and staff was tested today and the results were negative. :) 

Fortuna Dusseldorf have apparently been linked with 25 year old Greek international left back Leonardo Koutris, from Olympiacos. Fortuna Dusseldorf seem to be showing their serious ambition of getting promoted back to the Bundesliga. As they have been very active in the transfer market, having already bought talented players like Hartherz and Piotrowski. Koutris now seems to be the latest talent that they are very interested in purchasing.

37 minutes ago, Michael said:

Fortuna Dusseldorf have apparently been linked with 25 year old Greek international left back Leonardo Koutris, from Olympiacos. Fortuna Dusseldorf seem to be showing their serious ambition of getting promoted back to the Bundesliga. As they have been very active in the transfer market, having already bought talented players like Hartherz and Piotrowski. Koutris now seems to be the latest talent that they are very interested in purchasing.

Heard about that too. Sounds interesting. 

We won a friendly against Bochum today. Fresh out of quarantine Piotrowski scored the only goal. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We won a friendly against Bochum today. Fresh out of quarantine Piotrowski scored the only goal. 

They look like the strongest team in the 2. Bundesliga alongside Hamburg SV and Hannover 96 in my opinion.

21 hours ago, Tommy said:

The latest news today is that Fortuna Dusseldorf are trying to take Napoli's Amin Younes on loan for the upcoming season. 

https://www.getfootballnewsitaly.com/2020/napolis-younes-pushing-for-fortuna-dusseldorf-loan-move/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

We've loaned Slovenian International center back Luka Krajnc from Serie B club Frosinone Calcio. 

Yes, I read about Dusseldorf being after him a few days ago. Have they got an option to buy him after the loan period is over?

He's spent the last decade playing his club football in Italy with clubs such as Genoa, Sampdoria, Cagliari, Cesena and most recently Frosinone. He also has several caps for the Slovenian national team. It will be intriguing to see how he adapts to football in Germany. 

Fortuna Dusseldorf are also apparently still after Greek international left-back Leonardo Koutris. If they can sign him up as well, they will have done very well in the transfer market this summer.

8 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, I read about Dusseldorf being after him a few days ago. Have they got an option to buy him after the loan period is over?

He's spent the last decade playing his club football in Italy with clubs such as Genoa, Sampdoria, Cagliari, Cesena and most recently Frosinone. He also has several caps for the Slovenian national team. It will be intriguing to see how he adapts to football in Germany. 

Fortuna Dusseldorf are also apparently still after Greek international left-back Leonardo Koutris. If they can sign him up as well, they will have done very well in the transfer market this summer.

1) Yup, there's a clause to make the stay permanent. 

2) Koutris already had his medical in Düsseldorf yesterday, and I expect them to announce him today. Unless something went wrong at the medical. 

We desperately need a creative midfielder though. Now that Stöger is gone, we have with Bodzek, Prib, Morales and Sobottka very capable midfielders, but they're all DM's. 

21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

1) Yup, there's a clause to make the stay permanent. 

2) Koutris already had his medical in Düsseldorf yesterday, and I expect them to announce him today. Unless something went wrong at the medical. 

We desperately need a creative midfielder though. Now that Stöger is gone, we have with Bodzek, Prib, Morales and Sobottka very capable midfielders, but they're all DM's. 

Wow, that's positive news, as Koutris is a very useful player from what I have seen of him, while Krajnc seems like a competent and experienced defender. 

Do Dusseldorf even have any more transfer money to spend on a new creative midfielder? I mean it would be great if they could bring one in, but they have already done quite a lot of shopping for new players this summer. Their squad is already looking impressive by 2.Bundesliga standards. 

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

Wow, that's positive news, as Koutris is a very useful player from what I have seen of him, while Krajnc seems like a competent and experienced defender. 

Do Dusseldorf even have any more transfer money to spend on a new creative midfielder? I mean it would be great if they could bring one in, but they have already done quite a lot of shopping for new players this summer. Their squad is already looking impressive by 2.Bundesliga standards. 

I think we still got a few Euros to spend and most transfers this season were loans or free agents. We should have some of those Ayhan-Euros still there to spend. The squad really looks solid, except that we lack a decent playmaker. 

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Apparently we are about to sign Kristoffer Peterson from Swansea City. 

https://www.fussballtransfers.com/a1930034261581811304-fortuna-vor-peterson-transfer

Yes, I read about this earlier. By buying Kristoffer Peterson from Swansea City, Dusseldorf will be bringing in yet another decent player who could definitely do a good job in this league. Peterson, who is 25, has found most of his success in the Dutch league, where he particularly stood out while playing for FC Utrecht and Heracles Almelo. From what I have seen of him over the last few years, he is essentially a pacey and tricky winger who also has an eye for goal. Dusseldorf could be the perfect platform for him to improve even more as a player and to add to his one international cap for Sweden.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/german-outfit-sign-swansea-city-19043907

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, I read about this earlier. By buying Kristoffer Peterson from Swansea City, Dusseldorf will be bringing in yet another decent player who could definitely do a good job in this league. Peterson, who is 25, has found most of his success in the Dutch league, where he particularly stood out while playing for FC Utrecht and Heracles Almelo. From what I have seen of him over the last few years, he is essentially a pacey and tricky winger who also has an eye for goal. Dusseldorf could be the perfect platform for him to improve even more as a player and to add to his one international cap for Sweden.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/german-outfit-sign-swansea-city-19043907

Thanks for the info! :) The article in the link makes it sound like it's a done deal already. :o Sounds exciting! 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Thanks for the info! :) The article in the link makes it sound like it's a done deal already. :o Sounds exciting! 

Yes mate, it's practically a done deal. Fortuna Dusseldorf will pay around £400,000 plus add-ons to buy him. It sounds like a very good deal for them in my opinion. Here is a more recent article, which just about confirms that it is almost certain that Peterson will be joining Fortuna Dusseldorf.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/last-minute-kristoffer-peterson-text-19045104

Archived