talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Thommy is class! Brilliant signing for you, is it a loan or a proper transfer? 

Not sure yet. They'll officially announce it tomorrow. But I've read that it's a loan deal apparently. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Nice one. Yeah he's really good. Our NT starter, although I still think either Sean Johnson or Guzan are slightly better. 

I see. I heard he almost had a breakthrough at Freiburg, but got homesick and returned stateside. 

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Not sure yet. They'll officially announce it tomorrow. But I've read that it's a loan deal apparently. 

Hope it's a proper transfer or that you at least have an option to buy included in the loan deal... He needs a stable team to trust him and give him enough playing time regularly to help him develop further... Such a promising player; hope Fortuna gets the best out of him.

53 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hope it's a proper transfer or that you at least have an option to buy included in the loan deal... He needs a stable team to trust him and give him enough playing time regularly to help him develop further... Such a promising player; hope Fortuna gets the best out of him.

What do you know about him? You've seen him often? What are his best abilities? He's an attacking midfielder, right?

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What do you know about him? You've seen him often? What are his best abilities? He's an attacking midfielder, right?

I've seen him mostly in the 3. Liga when he was on loan at Jahn Regensburg during the season when they got promoted...he was one of the key figures in that team and I loved his style of play (and so he became one of my most favourite lower division players). Then his first season at Stuttgart which was also very good but he got injured and then all the changes and chaos in the club meant he lost his regular place in the team and struggled to get it back. 

Yes he's an attacking midfielder who can play pretty much everywhere although I think he does best on the left wing. Fast, agile, always looking to attack (sort of an explosive player that is usually great to watch), has a strong shot (and likes to take long shots), is decent at set pieces, can hold the ball and pass it well and has good technique overall. On top of that his work rate is great and he seems to have a good attitude as well. He lacks a bit of robustness and physical presence though; that's his biggest issue in my opinion. Maybe lacks "cleverness" and vision at times as well but I think he could still improve it with more experience...  Also had a few longish-term injuries both in Lautern and Stuttgart that hindered his progress; that's why I hope he stays fit and gets to develop further at a quiet, less stressful environment where he is given plenty of trust and playing time. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I've seen him mostly in the 3. Liga when he was on loan at Jahn Regensburg during the season when they got promoted...he was one of the key figures in that team and I loved his style of play (and so he became one of my most favourite lower division players). Then his first season at Stuttgart which was also very good but he got injured and then all the changes and chaos in the club meant he lost his regular place in the team and struggled to get it back. 

Yes he's an attacking midfielder who can play pretty much everywhere although I think he does best on the left wing. Fast, agile, always looking to attack (sort of an explosive player that is usually great to watch), has a strong shot (and likes to take long shots), is decent at set pieces, can hold the ball and pass it well and has good technique overall. On top of that his work rate is great and he seems to have a good attitude as well. He lacks a bit of robustness and physical presence though; that's his biggest issue in my opinion. Maybe lacks "cleverness" and vision at times as well but I think he could still improve it with more experience...  Also had a few longish-term injuries both in Lautern and Stuttgart that hindered his progress; that's why I hope he stays fit and gets to develop further at a quiet, less stressful environment where he is given plenty of trust and playing time. 

Once again, thank you for your analysis. I haven't seen anything of him so far, to be honest. Sounds promising, and like a player that could really develop and flourish under a coach like Friedhelm Funkel. Hopefully he can help us stay in the league. 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Once again, thank you for your analysis. I haven't seen anything of him so far, to be honest. Sounds promising, and like a player that could really develop and flourish under a coach like Friedhelm Funkel. Hopefully he can help us stay in the league. 

l will definitely try to watch more of your matches now :D 

17 hours ago, nudge said:

l will definitely try to watch more of your matches now :D 

One year loan with an option to buy him. He plays darts too. If he's looking for a team... well... ^_^

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

One year loan with an option to buy him. He plays darts too. If he's looking for a team... well... ^_^

Decent deal then; hope he does well! 

New day, new signing. Nana Ampomah! I've watched a few videos of this guy on youtube the other day. He's definitely talented. Great technique and pace. Hopefully he'll be able to carry that over to the Bundesliga. 

On 10/07/2019 at 15:22, nudge said:

Decent deal then; hope he does well! 

Scored two goals today in the first match of a tournament in Meppen against Ipswich. 

https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/fortuna-dusseldorf-dodi-lukebakio-dreierpack-fc-bayern-verschwiegenheit/

So this funny piece of news came to light. Dodi Lukebakio appeared too late to the final training before the Bayern match. The players knew if the coach hears about it, he'll leave him out of the Squad. So they promised not to the coach, and Lukebakio was in the squad and scored three goals against Bayern. 

Spoke with one of my 'mates' here who is a big Leeds supporter.  He say Leeds messed him about and really gave him no chances to show what he could do before he was recalled and went to Reading.  Hope you don't do a Tesdesco on him like that  - no one deserves that twice!

Apparently he's already staying right next to the training camp. So it should be a done deal. Don't know what to expect of it, but Chelsea doesn't sign amateurs. So I'm optimistic :)

@nudge for you:

:D

So Lewis Baker's transfer still not done and dusted. Since Friday he's at the training camp, but is not allowed to train with the team yet. Fortuna want a loan deal with an option to buy him. 

Markus Suttner signs for Fortuna. He was already on loan with us last season, and showed some strong performances towards the end of the season. Great addition as a back-up for Gießelmann. 

Was at our friendly against Eibar today, and we looked good in attack. The new signings all played pretty solid, especially Nana Ampomah had a great game and scored two goals. Defensively we looked a bit shaky, so I hope will be able to correct that. We're still on the lookout for another central defender, so whoever that is, could help us improve in that department. Zack Steffen also looked pretty good in goal, and he seems to be a very commanding keeper, who shouted at his defence in perfect German, which surprised me a bit. I know he has German roots, but I didn't think he's that fluent already.  

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Was at our friendly against Eibar today, and we looked good in attack. The new signings all played pretty solid, especially Nana Ampomah had a great game and scored two goals. Defensively we looked a bit shaky, so I hope will be able to correct that. We're still on the lookout for another central defender, so whoever that is, could help us improve in that department. Zack Steffen also looked pretty good in goal, and he seems to be a very commanding keeper, who shouted at his defence in perfect German, which surprised me a bit. I know he has German roots, but I didn't think he's that fluent already.  

Did you win? We played them a few days ago and won 4-0; they looked very poor.

Archived