The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf Thread

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, nudge said:

What's up with Kaan Ayhan? Read that he's set to leave in summer but that's Bild reporting it so...

Apparently he has a relatively low release clause. Rumoured to be aroudn 2,5 -3 Mio. Euros. Gladbach, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Bremen are rumoured to be interested in his services. Could be talk from his agent, to spark more interest or to get him a new better contract. I always had the feeling that he's very committed to Fortuna, and that he's proud of achieving things with the club. If he leaves, I hope we'll manage to turn Kaminski's loan deal into a permanent one. Kaminski - Hoffmann would still be a very good center back pairing. 

He started playing for us when he was under 5 (late 90's|) and on the pitch and in skool he was typical of the great young Turkish guys (Mesut, Ilkay and others) and - like them it was sad to see him go).  Our defence at present is total poo!  Can we have him back please?:ay:

2 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

He started playing for us when he was under 5 (late 90's|) and on the pitch and in skool he was typical of the great young Turkish guys (Mesut, Ilkay and others) and - like them it was sad to see him go).  Our defence at present is total poo!  Can we have him back please?:ay:

I sure hope not. I want to see him as our captain one day :(

58 minutes ago, Relling said:

What do you think about Barkok? He really impressed me in a couple of games in the 16/17 season, but did not have a good time last season. Is he on a good path now, do you think?

He's technically very gifted and he seems to be a very creative kind of player. His ideas are good, but the execution often lacks, like he's a bit clumsy or too nervous most of the time. 

35 minutes ago, Relling said:

Hopefully those things improve with time. 

You're welcome. He seems like a nice kid too, but he is always so nervous. In interviews as well. He acts so awkward and sounds a bit "dumb" most of the time, but only because he's so nervous that he can barely get a word out straight. I feel for him because I can relate :D

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Did you console him? 

I asked him to immediately leave the city. But nah, he came up the escalator while I was going down. He was on his phone, to his lawyers most likely xD

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, nudge said:

You won't have any reason to ever leave the stadium now.

Seriously, I never expected it because I never thought a local microbrewery could handle that capacity. Currently we have Frankenheim Alt, which is probably the most hated Altbier there is. I know people who rather drink Pils even though they usually drink Alt. And Schumacher will only cost 40 cents more. HAPPY DAYS! One more reason to finally get a season ticket xD

Archived