talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford 4-0 Man Utd - Saturday 13th August, 2022

football forum

United's players know that as long as they get their handlers on Instagram to build their own brand and take millions for being a shortened version of their name with their shirt number on the end that the time they're actually on the pitch doesn't matter - just come out, do the usual "it's not good enough, sorry to the fans" and back on Insta they go.

Ten Hag's only chance of success is if he proves he won't tolerate it. Even if that involves protesting by playing the youth team if they carry on like this. 

For professional footballers, you'd think pride would kick in at some stage but these aren't professional footballers, they are grifters.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

United's players know that as long as they get their handlers on Instagram to build their own brand and take millions for being a shortened version of their name with their shirt number on the end that the time they're actually on the pitch doesn't matter - just come out, do the usual "it's not good enough, sorry to the fans" and back on Insta they go.

Ten Hag's only chance of success is if he proves he won't tolerate it. Even if that involves protesting by playing the youth team if they carry on like this. 

For professional footballers, you'd think pride would kick in at some stage but these aren't professional footballers, they are grifters.

Could just be that they need a win to kick start the season.

It turns out Christian Eriksen wasn't the answer to the defensive midfield problem. Who would have guessed?

De Gea - had a patch where he made a few good saves

Dalot - don't really know him too well

Maguire - under more pressure in Man United's defence than Englands

Martinez - don't really know him too well

Shaw - is ok & probably same as Maguire

Fred - would not have been anywhere near Man United squad let alone team under Fergie

Eriksen- should only be used as a rotation option with Bruno

Fernandes - is good

Sancho - could be good, in a good team

Rashford - was good, in a good team

Ronaldo - is an old fossil

They are certainly a whole era away from winning titles again.

Malacia looked like he was aware that there was a game of football happening around him and appeared vaguely interested. That's a start for United.

Eriksen had the air of a man who thinks "oh shit, I just made the wrong decision and this is going to be no good for the old ticker".

Maguire looks like a confused guppy fish. Give him a hundred years, he'll work out how to make fire.

Rashford looks like an out of shape dad who's just drank half a dozen pints that's being forced to play football with the other dads when he really doesn't want to.

Fernandes looks like he's lost the will to even moan at the ref.

It's bad.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Chickasaw said:

Well done Brentford yes, but, go with caution. I will repeat, stopping scoring after 35 minutes being 4 goals up is NOT a good sign.

I'd say that being 4 up in a  totally convincing manner within 35 minutes is a hugely promising sign. They earned the right to take their foot off the gas after that time. 

I don't see why it has to be twisted into a negative... 

• The topic was unpinned
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd say that being 4 up in a  totally convincing manner within 35 minutes is a hugely promising sign. They earned the right to take their foot off the gas after that time. 

I don't mean to be negative, just realistic.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

4 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I don't mean to be negative, just realistic.

To be 4-0 up at home to Man Utd before the first half finishes is brilliant for anybody. The weather today has been awful for every footballer, so Brentford took the foot off the break in the second half and coasted towards a comfortable home win. They are smart, there was no need to kill themselves in the position they were in. 

If Utd would have scored one or two you would have seen a lot more urgency from Brentford. It’s not like they were going to win 8-0. Utd brought on taller players for the second half to try to nullify Brentford’s tactics, so at most you would have seen one more goal. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Never mind. All I'm trying to say is that The Manchesters both played teams beginning with B and both were 4-0 only in reverse. Both on the second match of the season too.

Are you okay? 

10 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Stan, NO team has the right to step off the gas after 35 minutes because teams have come back after being 4 goals down haven't they?

How often has it happened? 

4 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I remember Newcastle being 4-0 down against Arsenal and coming back to draw the match so no team can step off the gas whatever the score. Let's just see how Brentford's next 4 or 5 matches pan out.

Yes. 1 match. Over a decade ago. 

Brentford had complete control of the match. Man Utd didn't have a sniff.

You're not being realistic. You're just being pedantic and petty for the sake of it. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Are you okay? 

How often has it happened? 

Yes. 1 match. Over a decade ago. 

Brentford had complete control of the match. Man Utd didn't have a sniff.

You're not being realistic. You're just being pedantic and petty for the sake of it. 

No, I'm not and yes, I'm ok. I remember Brentford being in a similar position last season. I am not against Brentford or any team but I can just pick up signs.. that's all. Goals stopping after 35 minutes when cruising is not good for any team.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Goals stopping after 35 minutes when cruising is not good for any team.

What about getting to that comfortable stage in the first place? Is there nothing to be said for that? 

47 minutes ago, Stan said:

What about getting to that comfortable stage in the first place? Is there nothing to be said for that? 

I agree totally yes, there is but the way the goals stopped is a little concerning. I recall the England ladies national team were 8 goals ahead at half time against I cannot remember which team. They went on to win by 20-0. I smiled and nodded because the principle was smack on. I also remember the men's national team being 5-0 ahead against someone at half time and that's the way it stayed at full time. I

grimaced and shook my head. Now look at the difference between the ladies and the men. The men are struggling and the ladies just went on to win the European championship. The principle's the same for the EPL or anywhere.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I agree totally yes, there is but the way the goals stopped is a little concerning. I recall the England ladies national team were 8 goals ahead at half time against I cannot remember which team. They went on to win by 20-0. I smiled and nodded because the principle was smack on. I also remember the men's national team being 5-0 ahead against someone at half time and that's the way it stayed at full time. I

grimaced and shook my head. Now look at the difference between the ladies and the men. The men are struggling and the ladies just went on to win the European championship. The principle's the same for the EPL or anywhere.

If you say so. 

29 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

4-0 ahead after 35 minutes shouldn't have been 4-0 at full time. Something isn't quite right.

Man Utd weren't gonna play as badly as they did in the first half and Brentford didn't have to take any unnecessary risks. The second half was never gonna be the same.

Archived