talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford 4-0 Man Utd - Saturday 13th August, 2022

football forum

35 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I agree totally yes, there is but the way the goals stopped is a little concerning. I recall the England ladies national team were 8 goals ahead at half time against I cannot remember which team. They went on to win by 20-0. I smiled and nodded because the principle was smack on. I also remember the men's national team being 5-0 ahead against someone at half time and that's the way it stayed at full time. I

grimaced and shook my head. Now look at the difference between the ladies and the men. The men are struggling and the ladies just went on to win the European championship. The principle's the same for the EPL or anywhere.

If they went on to win 20-0, I think it's safe to assume they didn't need to try very hard and the likelihood was that the team they were playing against were much, much worse. There are only about 4 or 5 okay women's national teams to begin with.

Brentford were taking on a team which are expected to finish much higher than them. This wasn't Man City taking on a group of lads from the park.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Nope. We are dead in the water. Tactics don’t do this. You cannot teach heart, desire, soul, awareness or discipline. 

These utter fuckmuffins have been handed luxury contracts by businessmen with zero acumen for the footballing side of things. They don’t care because there are no repercussions. Lose 4-0, go home, pick up £200k plus and fuck the Mrs.

Rinse and repeat. They simply do not care about Manchester United or the football they produce on the pitch. They are all utterly disgraceful to their profession and I’m fucking sick of saying it week in, week out. There is not a single other football team out there that play so unprofessionally. Not one. 

You wish. More like bash the mrs, rape a stranger or do a line of 6 ladyboys while you've got Greenwood, Ronaldo and Rashford on the books. 

5 hours ago, patoriku66 said:

I'm not a United fan but I'd go to a pub in the 90's to watch them on the telly.

They 're a shadow of what they were.

Ten Hag has walked into a no win nightmare situation.

This often happens to once very successful teams when the successful coach leaves. Spurs were never the same after Bill Nicholson left and neither were Leeds after Don Revie. Forest dropped after Brian Clough left as did Derby after Clough and Mackay. Liverpool had a long era of success but around the Brendan Rodgers era dropped off. Chelsea always somehow seem to attract top coaches as do Man City. It'll be interesting to see who takes the reins after Klopp and Pep. Nobody was ever going to replace SAF, impossible task. It's hard enough to get to the top but even harder to stay there but he did it brilliantly.

I remember Utd relegated as I do Spurs and Chelsea, also City. What goes around etc. Could be that they just need a win to spark an unbeaten run as often happens.

14 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

United's players know that as long as they get their handlers on Instagram to build their own brand and take millions for being a shortened version of their name with their shirt number on the end that the time they're actually on the pitch doesn't matter - just come out, do the usual "it's not good enough, sorry to the fans" and back on Insta they go.

Ten Hag's only chance of success is if he proves he won't tolerate it. Even if that involves protesting by playing the youth team if they carry on like this. 

For professional footballers, you'd think pride would kick in at some stage but these aren't professional footballers, they are grifters.

Ten Hag is a dead  man walking... and resulting mayhem has practically nothing to do with him aside from the part where he accepted the position. How this job’s foundations to work has absolutely any resemblance to the work environment where he came from is beyond me.

It’s the brand name... Manchester United and right now that’s where it starts and finishes. But brand names aren’t holy sanctums that cannot be degraded and subsequently seen for what they are which is effective actuality. You are what you are now and those that are competing in the same market place don’t just want to win, they also want to make their brand name as big if not bigger than yours.

The coach will get the ultimate mea culpa and even there United aren’t being different because that’s a given in sport, particularly football. The job required at this stage is too big to contemplate, but it’ll buy billions of clicks on social media, media in general and of course, the printed press which is a dying breed. They don’t even need a headline here... they just need a “read here”.

12 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I don't think Utd have too much about which to worry yet because a win at this stage of the season can take a team up 8 or 9 places in the table.

I'm sorry, give me a moment. First you were crying match fixing because Brentford didn't push to win by 10, which is a shit take.
And now it's okay for United to lose games to mid table teams in embarrassing fashion because theres more points on offer later? You understand the damage done in these first 2 weeks has nothing to do with the 6 pts dropped and everything to do with player and manager confidence, public perception and holistically it's a fucking disaster?  

United have gone something like seven away games in a row losing.

They haven't exactly, with all due respect to Brighton and Brentford, had Liverpool and City in their first two games. They've been outplayed and humiliated by both.

They have Liverpool next.

Southampton after that and despite their problems, they showed fight to get back against Leeds which is a hell of a lot more than United have.

United may struggle to make top 10 this season if Ten Hag can't fix this.

Match fixing? No, where did I post that? I didn't expect 10 but I thought they'd score maybe 2 more as they were scoring so fluidly early on. I also said maybe they just need a win to kick start their season. Now, what's wrong with posting that 3 points at this stage of the season can take a team up 8 or 9 places? I didn't say it was ok for Utd to lose matches, I just  posted that I don't think that they have too much about which to worry just yet....that's all. Why are you so angry Devil Dick?

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I just  posted that I don't think that they have too much about which to worry just yet

If you watched the game yesterday, I'd say there's a lot to worry about.

No direction, no shape, lack of concentration, discipline, desire, hunger, determination. Players don't seem bothered. They were out-thought and out-played. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

No direction, no shape, lack of concentration, discipline, desire, hunger, determination. Players don't seem bothered. They were out-thought and out-played. 

By a side that’s likely to finish in the bottom half.

How can you not be worried about that?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, N U F C said:

By a side that’s likely to finish in the bottom half.

How can you not be worried about that?

I think Brentford are being under-estimated. I know it's early but the signs aren't there that they'll suffer second-season syndrome. They seem well set up, recruit well, have a good manager and a side that plays quite fluidly. I don't know about the depth they have but they're not a bad outfit. It wouldn't surprise me if they finished around 10th.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think Brentford are being under-estimated. I know it's early but the signs aren't there that they'll suffer second-season syndrome. They seem well set up, recruit well, have a good manager and a side that plays quite fluidly. I don't know about the depth they have but they're not a bad outfit. It wouldn't surprise me if they finished around 10th.

Oh yeah they’re a decent side but I’d still say they’re more likely to finish bottom half than top.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Let's wait and see, the season is only 2 matches old.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Let's wait and see, the season is only 2 matches old.

Yet you think Brentford are in trouble because they stopped after 35 minutes xD 

Cant have it both ways!

• Subscriber

For what it's worth I think the biggest problem Ten Hag's had is that he's not called for an overhaul. I'd want at least 10 of that squad out but he hasn't pushed for it - and I think he's been appointed for precisely that reason.

• Subscriber
Just now, Carnivore Chris said:

Never got the hype over him. Not as a player, commentator, pundit and well, there is no point mentioning his attempt of a managerial career.

He's a monumental bellend.

He talks a good game but as seen when his mate was in charge he'll change his tune when it suits him.

Archived