talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford 4-0 Man Utd - Saturday 13th August, 2022

football forum

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I was actually referring to Utd.

I know. But you're using the same time frame for 2 clubs. For one club, it's 'wait and see, let's see how it goes, not much to worry about'. Yet the other club who battered them 'should be worried'. I don't get your logic xD

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dan said:

He talks a good game but as seen when his mate was in charge he'll change his tune when it suits him.

Wasn't he quite scathing of the club whole Solksjaer was in charge as well? 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wasn't he quite scathing of the club whole Solksjaer was in charge as well? 

I remember him being a little softer on Solksjaer but harsher on everything else. He would hold pun hes on his mates.

I can’t stand Neville, he outwore his welcome, initially he was fantastic but sloppy now.

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

I remember him being a little softer on Solksjaer but harsher on everything else. He would hold pun hes on his mates.

I can’t stand Neville, he outwore his welcome, initially he was fantastic but sloppy now.

I think it's fair play for him to continuously call out the running of the club until something changes. 

Was he blaming Ten Hag for anything yesterday? It's a posioned chalice for him anyway but he's barely had any time to rectify issues. 

Just now, Stan said:

I think it's fair play for him to continuously call out the running of the club until something changes. 

Was he blaming Ten Hag for anything yesterday? It's a posioned chalice for him anyway but he's barely had any time to rectify issues. 

He was in meltdown mode, he blamed everything, going in circles. Even Jamie Redknapp whom is an idiot and a moron, tried to rein Neville in and say ‘forget about the manager and players, stop blaming them’. Which is partially true really, you can’t say that every player has been terrible, or manager even. They really haven’t established a culture or style, it isn’t the player’s fault when they are a square peg for a round hole.It isn‘t Bruno Fernandes fault that Ronaldo stymies him, or whomever else.

56 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know. But you're using the same time frame for 2 clubs. For one club, it's 'wait and see, let's see how it goes, not much to worry about'. Yet the other club who battered them 'should be worried'. I don't get your logic xD

We're talking about Man Utd, a team with a hell of a tradition and history of success whereas Brentford are the new boys on the block.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

For what it's worth I think the biggest problem Ten Hag's had is that he's not called for an overhaul. I'd want at least 10 of that squad out but he hasn't pushed for it - and I think he's been appointed for precisely that reason.

I don’t think he can call for an overhaul. Man Utd are a corporation... Corporate power doesn’t give an employee any power to demand those sorts of things as we’re talking assets (players) here.

He can tell those directly above him who he isn’t counting on for the upcoming campaign, but then it’s all got to do with what occurs in the board rooms. Plus it isn’t an easy feat to offload players when your competitors both at home and on the continent know about your desperation to try and play the assets market. Any interested party will wait till contracts are running down and take the owning party out of the equation.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I don’t think he can call for an overhaul. Man Utd are a corporation... Corporate power doesn’t give an employee any power to demand those sorts of things as we’re talking assets (players) here.

He can tell those directly above him who he isn’t counting on for the upcoming campaign, but then it’s all got to do with what occurs in the board rooms. Plus it isn’t an easy feat to offload players when your competitors both at home and on the continent know about your desperation to try and play the assets market. Any interested party will wait till contracts are running down and take the owning party out of the equation.

He can't but I think they carefully select those who won't, hence why the obviously superior Conte was never under any serious consideration.

Ten Hag's showing some cracks already but this is such a blatantly awful fit. Can't believe we live in a world where I feel he'd be better suited to someone like Brighton xD say what you like really about any of them, Solskjaer, Mourinho, Ten Hag, Rangnick - the job is a totally poisoned chalice. If you go there I think you have to go there accepting it's your last major job.

It astounds me they still actually start players like Maguire, Shaw and McTominay. They're dreadful.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

He can't but I think they carefully select those who won't, hence why the obviously superior Conte was never under any serious consideration.

Ten Hag's showing some cracks already but this is such a blatantly awful fit. Can't believe we live in a world where I feel he'd be better suited to someone like Brighton xD say what you like really about any of them, Solskjaer, Mourinho, Ten Hag, Rangnick - the job is a totally poisoned chalice. If you go there I think you have to go there accepting it's your last major job.

It astounds me they still actually start players like Maguire, Shaw and McTominay. They're dreadful.

Yeah, undoubtedly there’s a lot of all that in there. Ten Hag would find it difficult to fit into any Premier League head coach position for the simple reason that there isn’t any club in England’s top division that even slightly resembles the setup at Ajax. Like I’ve said before, this isn’t me knocking him, he’s a very good coach, but only in that sort of unique organisation.

Man Utd have talented players there, but many of them do not fit a uniformed football ideal and even for those that don’t believe that to be essential, there is also a huge hole in terms of leadership... real leadership that knows that club.

Manchester United have always been a huge name in football even when they weren’t successful (in essence) years ago. But they’ve literally become a brand name. The perfect example of the corporate world in football. To override that and delve deep into what football really is, needs someone that like you say, will be too loud and in your face which contradicts what the corporate world is all about. You need yes men or at least a beast that is willing to be controlled publicly.

15 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Easy to forget Ole actually finished second with a very similar team.

Yes, but that was then and this is now. In any walk of life, what you regard yourself as has no bearing in the real world. Because nobody stands around waiting for you to be “yourself” again. Competitors have evolved around them in all sorts of ways (your club is an example), plus there’s the argument that he was also overachieving within the chaos that is Man Utd.

1 hour ago, N U F C said:

Easy to forget Ole actually finished second with a very similar team.

Let's have it right that team was functioning at a better level before Ronaldo turned up. 

It's no coincidence so many players lost form after his arrival. 

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Let's have it right that team was functioning at a better level before Ronaldo turned up. 

It's no coincidence so many players lost form after his arrival. 

Also key to remember that that team may have finished second, but they done it on 74 points. Which is an extremely low point tally for second place, so the league position does inflate the quality of the season and then you add Ronaldo into the mix the season after with quiet talks of a potential league win and it all goes to shit

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, undoubtedly there’s a lot of all that in there. Ten Hag would find it difficult to fit into any Premier League head coach position for the simple reason that there isn’t any club in England’s top division that even slightly resembles the setup at Ajax. Like I’ve said before, this isn’t me knocking him, he’s a very good coach, but only in that sort of unique organisation.

Man Utd have talented players there, but many of them do not fit a uniformed football ideal and even for those that don’t believe that to be essential, there is also a huge hole in terms of leadership... real leadership that knows that club.

Manchester United have always been a huge name in football even when they weren’t successful (in essence) years ago. But they’ve literally become a brand name. The perfect example of the corporate world in football. To override that and delve deep into what football really is, needs someone that like you say, will be too loud and in your face which contradicts what the corporate world is all about. You need yes men or at least a beast that is willing to be controlled publicly.

Yeah I hear you, and I feel like he'd be probably be better suited to say a Dortmund or somebody. I know it all feels premature to be saying this but you can see massive gaps already and I think this era above all teams are better at penalising your weaknesses. Even your average sides can shred you on a bad day now.

They need somebody tough enough to cut their losses on a lot of these players. I think time has been kind to Mourinho and his time there. He's not perfect but he has extremely high standards and you cannot say that about their players. I think he'd want loads of them out.

They're stuffed until the Glazers are gone. Absolutely not a prayer they win another league while they're there.

11 hours ago, Danny said:

Also key to remember that that team may have finished second, but they done it on 74 points. Which is an extremely low point tally for second place, so the league position does inflate the quality of the season and then you add Ronaldo into the mix the season after with quiet talks of a potential league win and it all goes to shit

Regardless of the point total they still finished second in the league. They made it to the FA Cup semi final which De Gea basically gave away with two horrendous errors and we made it to the semi final of the Europa league the season before. 

We also made it to a final of the Europa. So we weren't playing that bad. 

Too early to judge Utd for me.

Brighton are capable of springing a shock result and De Gea gifting two horrible goals at Brentford against a good counter attacking team is unfortunate.

Liverpool also need a win so potentially it gets worse rather than better though oddly professionals seem  to raise their game for the big rivalry games. 

• Subscriber
On 14/08/2022 at 13:50, Stan said:

If you watched the game yesterday, I'd say there's a lot to worry about.

No direction, no shape, lack of concentration, discipline, desire, hunger, determination. Players don't seem bothered. They were out-thought and out-played. 

That aside we're okay 🤣

Archived