talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace - Monday 15th August, 2022

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Did Nunez pull his own hair or something?

Andersen's nose got in the way. Couldn't tell if it was his head or shirt.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Since Nunez got sent off, Palace look like the ones that are down to 10 men. 

Probably because our players only started to pull their heads out of their arses once they realised they were down not just a goal but also a player.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Andersen's nose got in the way. Couldn't tell if it was his head or shirt.

Sometimes I get confused too. When I was driving home from work I noticed I had a fistful of someone else's hair in my pocket.

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

Sometimes I get confused too. When I was driving home from work I noticed I had a fistful of someone else's hair in my pocket.

now that did make me laugh :D 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Probably because our players only started to pull their heads out of their arses once they realised they were down not just a goal but also a player.

Palace just seem very panicky. 

• Subscriber

Between the missed chances in the first half and the red card, has to go down as an avoidable and slightly silly dropped points for Liverpool.

Credit to Palace though for a good game plan and disciplined performance.

Shit performance again, shit result again. Made worse by the fact Nunez demonstrated he's about as smart as the average Evertonian.

Bad result, hope Klopp hurts the players' feelings tonight. Odds I think on the next match being postponed are pretty high, so hopefully they use the time to get things right because what we've seen so far is well below the standard expected.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Shit performance again, shit result again. Made worse by the fact Nunez demonstrated he's about as smart as the average Evertonian.

Bad result, hope Klopp hurts the players' feelings tonight. Odds I think on the next match being postponed are pretty high, so hopefully they use the time to get things right because what we've seen so far is well below the standard expected.

The results might be but what about the actual football? Seems to me to be ok and on another day and all that. Utd next. Think you'd better win that one.

Absolute awful start to the season. Carragher is on about us playing great tonight, what a load of shite. We’ve drawn 1-1 with Palace at home, while city have maximum points. 

Really irritated with these players from this start. Certain players have been woeful in both games, and we have nothing at all in the squad to replace them with. Praying that Bobby is fit for next Monday now because Nunez is an absolute moron. Going to take a lot of goals scored to make up for that bollocks he pulled today. 

Should be looking forward to giving Utd a beating next Monday, but watch us go and draw that as well. 

Embarassing start. 

1 minute ago, Chickasaw said:

The results might be but what about the actual football? Seems to me to be ok and on another day and all that. Utd next. Think you'd better win that one.

Nah, I think these performances are not that great tbh. They're not the worst performances in the world, sure... but it's just too many sloppy errors and too many missed opportunities for the standards that have been set.

I'm fairly confident the United one's getting postponed. It's at Old Trafford right? The precedent has been set where they can act like a bunch of dickheads and get a match postponed (even though the league rules say it should be considered a forfeit) - I suspect they try that again.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why would it be postponed? Protests?

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Even though that's the actual rule, I'm sure the league will let it slide again if that's what happens.

Absolutely they will. Still, it would give us chance to play them at hopefully full strength further on in the season. 

From what I've seen of Liverpool the opening two games, they have been missing that level of intensity the get from midfield.

Wouldn't expect them to be full tilt right from the off but equally, can't help but feel it's been the root cause for two sluggish displays.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

From what I've seen of Liverpool the opening two games, they have been missing that level of intensity the get from midfield.

Wouldn't expect them to be full tilt right from the off but equally, can't help but feel it's been the root cause for two sluggish displays.

The answers to our midfield issues are within the squad…..apparently. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived