Last 3 Meetings
23/01/2022 - Crystal Palace 1-3 Liverpool
18/09/2022 - Liverpool 3-0 Crystal Palace
23/05/2021 - Liverpool 2-0 Crystal Palace

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Can't be as sloppy as the first game. A lot of the mistakes came from not trying to get to the loose balls first and pretending that long balls bypassing the opponents midfield were always going to work. I'd like to say it will be easy but we're going to struggle a bit here at the start is my guess.

On 14/08/2022 at 04:55, The Palace Fan said:

I'm conflicted. Of course I want Palace to win but I also forgot to change my FPL Captain.

# 1 reason why I can't play fantasy. I don't wanna let some game get in the way of how I enjoy watching my team.

Gutted that I'm probably going to miss the beginning of this one. But hopefully, I should be able to see most of it.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

1 reason why I can't play fantasy. I don't wanna let some game get in the way of how I enjoy watching my team.

Ha! That's what you get for supporting a team that you can actually enjoy watching. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Rick said:

Phillips starts next to VanDijk with Gomez on the bench. Does he have a knock or something? Milner, Fabinho & Elliot in midfield & Nunez starts. Interesting line up changes. 

Surprising as I'd have thought Gomez is the best partner for Van Dijk.

The midfield has a lot of energy but you can tell the likes of Henderson and Jota are missed there. Very glad Nunez is starting - can see him scoring today.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Palace have gone three at the back with Ayew up top. Zaha, Schlupp and Eze as midfield runners. 

Do you rate Ayew, or do you think it could have been a position to be improved on? From when I've watched, he's one of those willing runners and will press until he's subbed off, but when you have lots of talent - Zaha/Eze/Olise/and now Ebiowei - around him, does he still fit the bill for you? As a forward player he certainly doesn't return much in terms of goals/assists (6 goals & assists last season, 4 the season before).

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do you rate Ayew, or do you think it could have been a position to be improved on? From when I've watched, he's one of those willing runners and will press until he's subbed off, but when you have lots of talent - Zaha/Eze/Olise/and now Ebiowei - around him, does he still fit the bill for you? As a forward player he certainly doesn't return much in terms of goals/assists (6 goals & assists last season, 4 the season before).

Last season he had a purpose out right against better teams. He does a lot of work defensively and he helped Gallagher get in to more advanced positions. The hope this evening is that he can do enough to bother the center backs and aide the midfield runners.

I think he could be fazed out this season by Olise, Eboiwei and a 'buzzy' striker.

• Administrator

Expected more from Liverpool, despite the weaker midfield. They haven't tested Guaita properly yet. Palace's defenders have been able to mop up most of the stuff.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-0 Crystal Palace - Monday 15th August, 2022
  • The title was changed to Liverpool 0-1 Crystal Palace - Monday 15th August, 2022
  • The title was changed to Liverpool 1-1 Crystal Palace - Monday 15th August, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived