talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 2 Fixtures - Saturday 13th August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had it not been for an own goal it would have been 4-1 to Arsenal. Should Leicester really let Maddison go? Also I was certainly wrong to wonder whether City will maybe rely too heavily on Haaland. Statements from both City and Arsenal today. Depressingly City right at the top again. Interestingly Spurs and Chelsea who meet tomorrow are next to each other in the table.

• Administrator

Not a hammering in terms of the scoreline, but a hammering in terms of the performance and Arsenal should have been about 5-0 up with a Jesus hat-trick by the time Saliba/Ramsdale had their mix-up.

The expected result, the expected outcome and quite disappointingly the expected level of performance. We have no spark barring a few (if that) special players. 

Some individual mistakes really lead to bad results. It's like any lapse in concentration is capitalised in these games but I guess that's what happens at this level.

Amartey is an absolute liability as well. How he plays at this level is a joke.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Not a hammering in terms of the scoreline, but a hammering in terms of the performance and Arsenal should have been about 5-0 up with a Jesus hat-trick by the time Saliba/Ramsdale had their mix-up.

The expected result, the expected outcome and quite disappointingly the expected level of performance. We have no spark barring a few (if that) special players. 

Some individual mistakes really lead to bad results. It's like any lapse in concentration is capitalised in these games but I guess that's what happens at this level.

Amartey is an absolute liability as well. How he plays at this level is a joke.

You could be in for a struggle this season.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

You could be in for a struggle this season.

It's 2 games. Should have beaten Brentford, not expected to win against Arsenal.

If we don't beat Southampton next Saturday, then I'd start to get worried. 

I'm still at the point where if Rodgers stays, I hope we turn it around. But at the same time, if he gets given the boot, I wouldn't be fussed at all.

I just hope that if a new manager is hired, we can get some attacking freedom going again. We have the players, just need the refresh.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

Had it not been for an own goal it would have been 4-1 to Arsenal. Should Leicester really let Maddison go? Also I was certainly wrong to wonder whether City will maybe rely too heavily on Haaland. Statements from both City and Arsenal today. Depressingly City right at the top again. Interestingly Spurs and Chelsea who meet tomorrow are next to each other in the table.

Players like Maddison and Fofana are above the level we're blatantly regressing to. We've really got to get our act together because with Vardy and Evans being the ages they are, the decline in some of our players and the persistent injury problems we're going in a really worrying direction.

Two games in and I'm already thinking it's more about staying up than making Europe. We look absolutely shocking but nobody should be surprised by it. Our 8th placed finish last season was up there with the biggest false position I've seen.

7 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

A draw at the Amex is a great result,  nothing really worked well today but we worked hard not to lose and that is sometimes needed.   Two games 4 points, two clean sheets. 

You got absolutely belted, and only the football gods saved you from losing 3-0 or more. 

Give your head a wobble. 

Pope’s performance was excellent and we dug in well. Brighton are a very good side but we didn’t help ourselves on the ball, getting in decent positions then the final pass letting us down every time.

Got to be pleased with a point, 4 points is a tidy start but some tough games to come.

Archived