Bundesliga 2022/23 - [2. Spieltag] - 12-14th August 2022

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Köln 0-1 behind! :)

It's against Leipzig... :/ 

Hah! VAR takes it back as there was hand ball before. 

Hoffenheim - Bochum 0:2. :o A brace from Simon Zoller. 

• Subscriber

Referee did a favour for everyone there blowing the whistle for the HT. Atrocious. Started so well, really good first 15 minutes, took the lead, and then stopped football completely. Granted, Stuttgart aren't much better; those last 25-30 minutes were painful to watch xD

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Szoboszlai sent off? What happened?

Harsh decision. He tried to push one of Köln's players away and shoved him with his elbow against the neck. Wasn't even a hitting movement or anything. 

50 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hertha take the lead against Frankfurt after Kamada loses the ball in a silly way. 

I've been watching the Leverkusen game, but I felt that Frankfurt would be a bit fatigued from their midweek match against Real Madrid, coming into this match against Hertha. Hertha also seem to me to be a slightly stronger side than they were last season. So I'm not hugely surprised with them taking the lead against Frankfurt or even winning this match on home turf in Berlin.

Just now, Tommy said:

Harsh decision. He tried to push one of Köln's players away and shoved him with his elbow against the neck. Wasn't even a hitting movement or anything. 

Well despite the sending off, I still think that RB Leipzig will be Bayern's biggest challengers this season. A few weeks ago I had Dortmund as my favoured choice to finish 2nd behind Bayern, but now I think it will be RB Leipzig. That's despite the fact that Dortmund are currently top of the table, having won their opening two Bundesliga matches. I just think that Leipzig's signing of Werner was an absolutely excellent deal. He and Nkunku upfront are going to cause so much damage this season and I believe that Werner's signing is the extra cutting edge that they needed. 

Werner scored on his debut today with a well struck swerving long range effort, even though the Schwabe should have really saved it. But it's Werner's dynamism, pace and nose for goal upfront which will really immensely help Leipzig this season. Nkunku and Werner in the same team is a dream come true for any manager.

42 minutes ago, nudge said:

Leverkusen are truly the definition of failure.

You mean Neverkusen. ) They've actually played quite well today against Augsburg and I still think they'll win today. But while they are one of the better teams in the Bundesliga, they are still not quite on the level of Bayern, Leipzig or even Dortmund.

Rafal Gikiewicz is keeping Augsburg in this game against Leverkusen, with a string of excellent saves. How has Gikiewicz never been capped for Poland? He's a top class keeper and has proven his credentials time and again. 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Michael said:

You mean Neverkusen. ) They've actually played quite well today against Augsburg and I still think they'll win today. But while they are one of the better teams in the Bundesliga, they are still not quite on the level of Bayern, Leipzig or even Dortmund.

Nobody is quite on the level of Bayern, to be honest :P I don't expect Leverkusen to win the title, but they should be doing much better with their resources and the quality available in the squad...

Just now, nudge said:

Nobody is quite on the level of Bayern, to be honest :P I don't expect Leverkusen to win the title, but they should be doing much better with their resources and the quality available in the squad...

Yes, Bayern are on their own level. But I just feel that Leverkusen still aren't as good as Leipzig or Dortmund. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived