• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2022/23 - [3. Spieltag] - 19-21st August 2022

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite an entertaining and even game I'd say. Mittelstädt was stupid to reach out with his hand like that and cause the penalty. But Hertha certainly don't look like pushovers. Ejuke and Lukebakio looking good upfront! 

Itakura looks like an excellent signing for Gladbach so far. Excellent positioning, and his passing is awesome too. 

I still don't know what to think about Gladbach under Farke so far. 

First match was hard to judge, as they mainly played against 10 Hoffenheimer. Didn't see the game against Schalke, but the result was meh. Yesterday, they didn't convince me either. Very lethargic with their attacking movements, rarely a good attack, allowed Berlin plenty of attacks and were once again lucky to have Yann Sommer and having two penalties awarded. And why on earth would you let Jonas Hofmann takes the 2nd penalty when you have players like Plea and Bensebaini?

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

First match was hard to judge, as they mainly played against 10 Hoffenheimer. Didn't see the game against Schalke, but the result was meh. Yesterday, they didn't convince me either. Very lethargic with their attacking movements, rarely a good attack, allowed Berlin plenty of attacks and were once again lucky to have Yann Sommer and having two penalties awarded. And why on earth would you let Jonas Hofmann takes the 2nd penalty when you have players like Plea and Bensebaini?

I agree. Not convinced thus far. They have to improve.

6 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yeah, they need to get back with the form they showed two years ago. Maybe when Lars Stindl is fully fit, he can help inspire them more, as he has been a key figure for them for years now. Also Kramer in midfield isn't great, he's quite average these days. I agree regarding Hofmann taking that 2nd penalty, Plea should have taken it as he scored from the first penalty which ended up being the winning goal. Plea's penalties are almost always clinical.

Hoffenheim now take a 2 nil lead away to Leverkusen as Kramaric dives in to head home after a great run and cross by Kabak down the right flank. Azmoun should have done more to stop Kabak, too easily beaten. Hoffenheim look quite comfortable in this game so far.

Leverkusen have disappointed me once again. Hoffenheim go into half time with a 2 nil lead over Leverkusen and truth be told the margin of their lead should be greater. Andrich, Azmoun and Hlozek have been bang average and at the back even Tapsoba and Hincape have been shaky. Maybe they should bring on Demirbay or Palacios for the 2nd half, to add more competence in midfield, because some of the passing in midfield for Leverkusen has left a lot to be desired.

Leverkusen 0-2 Hoffenheim

Already Palacios and Demirbay have had shots at goal. It looks like just the impetus that they needed in midfield. But it's still a tall order to turn the 2 goal deficit around. Hoffenheim still look dangerous.

25 minutes ago, nudge said:

xD

Not intentional tbh, just failed to jump over Pavlenka when he went for the ball in a one on one situation.

I noticed Dahoud got substituted off the field early, did it look like a serious injury?

Superb goal by Rutter as he makes it 3 nil to Hoffenheim! Rutter cut inside from the right flank and unleashed a rocket of a shot into the top hand corner of the net. The keeper had no chance in stopping that. Rutter has been excellent today.

Leverkusen 0-3 Hoffenheim

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I wonder how long will Seoane survive...

Leverkusen will be bottom of the table once again with this loss. It's now 3 losses in their first 3 Bundeliga matches, as they are not going to come back in this game with only 10 minutes left. They created many chances in last weeks loss at home to Augsburg, but still lost. But today they have been outplayed for the most part and once again lose on home soil. The Leverkusen fans must be furious.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived