talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Morgan Gibbs-White - Forest Sign Midfielder for £40m

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep seeing all these transfers/potential signings, Gibbs-White, Gordon etc and it just makes me hate how cheap Phillips went. Literally want to cry inside.

Anyway, this is a ridiculous bit of business it really is. The guy had a great season last year on loan IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Has hardly featured for Wolves at this level and how they have banked that for him is beyond crazy.

Honestly, the pressure on Forest to stay up is immense now. I applaud the ambition of having a go but equally, it feels a bit of a scatter gun approach they cannot afford to go wrong.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I keep seeing all these transfers/potential signings, Gibbs-White, Gordon etc and it just makes me hate how cheap Phillips went. Literally want to cry inside.

Anyway, this is a ridiculous bit of business it really is. The guy had a great season last year on loan IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Has hardly featured for Wolves at this level and how they have banked that for him is beyond crazy.

Honestly, the pressure on Forest to stay up is immense now. I applaud the ambition of having a go but equally, it feels a bit of a scatter gun approach they cannot afford to go wrong.

I hope they suffer for it. It just seems so reckless. Like they've been quote a price for a player and they skip the negotiation part xD 

Wolves have bagged Matheus Nunes for a cheaper price, too. That's a shrewd signing in my opinion. 

• Subscriber

Forty four million what the actual fuck xD

Nah I'm sorry they're mental. I was thinking if there's method in this madness but that is completely absurd. This is a bloke who doesn't start for Wolves.

• Subscriber

Sky Sports at it again. Not the first time they've used £44.5m "including add ons" as their wording this summer. Makes it sound as if £44.5m is the lower bound of what could end up being paid when it's actual the maximum.

Their obsession with maxing out their little transfer fee total thing to make it a "record breaking window" according to their version of journalism really is just weird.

Still, £35m+ seems incredibly steep for Gibbs-White. He's young and technically decent but come on. I'm glad our links to him earlier in the window didn't go any further based on this deal.

this pisses me off, this is why everyone is extorting each other in a feast until famine type way.  it started with little clubs fucking over rich clubs, now it is little clubs fucking each other over while the rich clubs continue to pull away.

Forest have spent more money than we have.  this guy also costs more than Bruno Guimaraes which is a fucking joke.   

it's all gone fucking mental.

That is an absolutely insane fee

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Looking forward to all the future "If Gibbs-White cost (Insert price), then (Insert name) has to be at least (Insert price)" comparisons.

:coffee:

Tbf the price of similar (insert anything that's ever sold) impacts the market value of (insert anything similar to what was sold) - so that is basically how market value is determined. I think Forest are fucking crazy though.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That is an absolutely insane fee

Tbf the price of similar (insert anything that's ever sold) impacts the market value of (insert anything similar to what was sold) - so that is basically how market value is determined. I think Forest are fucking crazy though.

You say that but if they can secure their place in the Premier league next season it's been a great show of commitment by their board. 

7 minutes ago, Devil said:

You say that but if they can secure their place in the Premier league next season it's been a great show of commitment by their board. 

Oh definitely. But it's still a mental fee from a side that has purchased so many fucking players in one season - it gives off Fulham vibes from a few seasons ago tbh. But it probably puts them in a stronger position if they go down - probably gets them able to compete for promotion again immediately and they've signed a number of players that should have good resale value if they do go down again.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

this pisses me off, this is why everyone is extorting each other in a feast until famine type way.  it started with little clubs fucking over rich clubs, now it is little clubs fucking each other over while the rich clubs continue to pull away.

Forest have spent more money than we have.  this guy also costs more than Bruno Guimaraes which is a fucking joke.   

it's all gone fucking mental.

I flip between thinking they've been clever and thinking they're mental. This is without any doubt the latter. How good has he got to be to justify a fee like that? This is our 9th straight season in this league, we've won it, won the cup, played in Europe three times and never spent that much on a player.

I'd read somewhere again they're spending two summers worth of money in one. Seems to be a new trend now that clubs are gambling their future money for the present. Something will eventually have to give.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Looking forward to all the future "If Gibbs-White cost (Insert price), then (Insert name) has to be at least (Insert price)" comparisons.

:coffee:

It really could well be another like that.

They've spent that much I think being in a relegation fight at all is underachievement as far as I'm concerned.

He was our player of the season and that hurt.. because it was just a loanee but he was a sensation and the reason we were in the promotion play-offs. Big future ahead, bags of talent, smart signing (albeit transfer fee will make the headlines).

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

There's this and then there's us selling Guendouzi for £10m and Torreira for £5m... all this does is remind me how bad we are at selling.

I think it’s a case of how bad you were at recruiting

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I think it’s a case of how bad you were at recruiting

Nah. Guendouzi is a French international now and Torreira had a very good season at Fiorentina. It was definitely bad selling on our side.

Here you have an average player going for more than both combined.

Can't say this transfer is completely normal even in this era of crazy fees but its obvious we could've gotten more. Liverpool are brilliant at fleecing this sides that are either new to the league or just battling relegation.

28 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Nah. Guendouzi is a French international now and Torreira had a very good season at Fiorentina. It was definitely bad selling on our side.

Here you have an average player going for more than both combined.

Can't say this transfer is completely normal even in this era of crazy fees but its obvious we could've gotten more. Liverpool are brilliant at fleecing this sides that are either new to the league or just battling relegation.

Your squad has been filled with overpaid players who either don’t have the mentality to play for a big club (I.e. Guendozi and his kitchen comments + general attitude problems) or are simply not good enough to be playing for a big club (Torreira, Pepe etc).

You are never going to get value for those types of players, especially when your wage bill was so high and the clubs looking to buy the majority of your squad do not have the same wage bill.

• The title was changed to Morgan Gibbs-White - Forest Sign Midfielder for £40m

Archived