talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool - Monday 22nd August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salah did well to keep his composure after scoring because Fernandes was clearly trying to get him to lash out so he'd be sent off.

Liverpool just look average and like the squad has gone stale together. Like we did under Poch. I'm not saying it'll get that bad but at the start of the season, the thought that people would be saying they're probably out of the title race already and challenging for top 4 would have been laughed at s ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Sit on your left till it goes numb and it's like someone else is doing the deed.

70 press ups prior to wanking is good. Your hand and arms are dead so you really have to put the work in.

• Subscriber

This United performance definitely getting over egged by Neville. Liverpool were extremely poor, they’ve had a bit of fight put into them by the manager after a hammering, and 8Pm kick off against a rival is the perfect game you need in that situation to get really up for it. It was a good performance but one swallow doesn’t make a summer and they’re going far too over the top 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If these lads thought they could just turn up against United and get a result, I fear how little of a fuck they'll give against Bournemouth.

A lot of posters on here thought that didn't they? One even predicted a 6-0 Liverpool win and another a 3-0 win. Well, I said after the Brentford match that Utd have no need to worry as of yet and I said that because they lost 4-0. Might sound strange that because I said that Brentford do need to be concerned after winning 4-0.

I pointed out a very strange coincidence that City played a team beginning with a B and they won 4-0 and Utd played a team beginning with a B and they lost by the same score......4-0. Pre destined football gods coincidence and out of anyone's control. Because of that I disregarded  the score and decided to start again as of this week. Utd win and Brentford lose.

Against Bournemouth Liverpool will be frantic for a win after 2 draws and a defeat and might just make mistakes. I think Utd will be involved in a 1 goal win either way. But what I do know is that coming out of a couple of draws with a defeat isn't good and if I were either a Utd or Liverpool supporter I wouldn't know what the hell to expect next. Neither set of supporters can feel confident about anything.

Shaky season approaching for Utd I think, good periods and not so good periods. Might go 4 or 5 matches without a defeat, then get a defeat and go on 4 or 5 matches without a win. Might put their supporters through a bit of hell. However, you won't be involved in a relegation scrap.

59 minutes ago, Stan said:

Also, Rick isn't saying sign anybody ffs. 

It's fine to agree with Klopp's strategy (and you'd be foolish not to) but also realise you perhaps need better depth. They don't have to be and aren't mutually exclusive. 

If everyone is fit we have amazing depth compared to most clubs. We have loads of players out injured which makes our depth look weak. 

No need to panic buy.

Not a wind up, but that's United's Cup Final tonight. Fact.

Liverpool home is the big one for a lot of those fans and players and it showed. They rose to the occasion and got a result the effort deserved.

Now they have to replicate that at Southampton on Saturday. Different game, different occasion, not the underdog in that game and definitely more of an onus on United to take the game to Saints than counter.

Let's see eh.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

If everyone is fit we have amazing depth compared to most clubs. We have loads of players out injured which makes our depth look weak. 

No need to panic buy.

I also think a lot of your fanbase need to not overreact to this too much.

To be fair, you've only lost one game. Ok, you can look at it as no win in three, but it's not a tragedy.

It only feels bad because City and yourselves have set the bar so high that I think you put the pressure on yourselves to match what they do.

It's totally normal to make stuttery starts till the team finds a flow and there's plenty of chance to make the ground back over the course of the season.

I still think Milner was spot on about Van Dijk. 

OK, Milner got fooled by Sancho's dummy. It happens. 

Van Dijk has to go to him though. It struck me as pure arrogance, the equivalent of shouting "come on then" at someone, thinking they don't have the nerve. 

Had Maguire done that, he'd be crucified.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived