talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Maguire - West Ham Transfer Off

football forum

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

THERES A MEDIA AGENDA TO NOT SHOW THIS. SOMEONE IN THE MEDIA, PROBABLY MAN UNITED.

Yes, the same Man United that have dropped him you utter spunkbucket. Fuck me.

I think that had Maguire not have stepped up there then that leaves their midfielder in space with time to turn and the opportunity to play the ball through, in which case he'd have been making a video about how he should have stepped up because they had enough cover behind.

I didn't think Maguire had a good game but I don't think that's an example of that, I also think if you're look at that move specifically then you have to question why Rice was so easily by passed by the ball and Sule.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to Harry Maguire - May Leave Man Utd
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wish someone would pay me £10m to fuck off

Its only half what they owe him and since they are desperate to get rid of him and nobody really wants him it is the club that needs to renege on the contract ie: pay him for breaching the contractual obligation.   He has every right to sit there and earn that juicy 20m+ they owe him.    Even if a club is interested it will likely be a free transfer with Man United paying two years worth of contractual contributions to him to get him to go to that club.   

I read some story that Sheffield United want him,  it makes sense but they are broke,  I also saw one today with Nottingham,  and they will offer a refuge as long as man united pay a contribution.   In MLB they call it a sunk contract,  you just put some ketchup on it and eat it. 

I don't have sympathy for man united as they did take a massive risk on him,  but I do support man united's view that he is just simply not good enough,  he is not Man U quality and is an abomination to that clubs rich heritage. 

3 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Its only half what they owe him and since they are desperate to get rid of him and nobody really wants him it is the club that needs to renege on the contract ie: pay him for breaching the contractual obligation.   He has every right to sit there and earn that juicy 20m+ they owe him.    Even if a club is interested it will likely be a free transfer with Man United paying two years worth of contractual contributions to him to get him to go to that club.   

I read some story that Sheffield United want him,  it makes sense but they are broke,  I also saw one today with Nottingham,  and they will offer a refuge as long as man united pay a contribution.   In MLB they call it a sunk contract,  you just put some ketchup on it and eat it. 

I don't have sympathy for man united as they did take a massive risk on him,  but I do support man united's view that he is just simply not good enough,  he is not Man U quality and is an abomination to that clubs rich heritage. 

Oh of course he has every right to sit there and earn what he's fully entitled to from the contract he's signed. They're willing to pay him £10m to fuck off to make it easier for any club who might have any interest in signing him... he's not going to get the same wages Man Utd offered him, so they'll have to split the difference for the amount of time left on the remaining year that he's got left other than the one year buyout.

I also don't blame United for thinking it's worth paying off a year of what's left on the contract to move him on. He's not good enough for United, but I think he'd shine at a club where there's a deep defensive line and where he's not expected to build things out from the back.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh of course he has every right to sit there and earn what he's fully entitled to from the contract he's signed. They're willing to pay him £10m to fuck off to make it easier for any club who might have any interest in signing him... he's not going to get the same wages Man Utd offered him, so they'll have to split the difference for the amount of time left on the remaining year that he's got left other than the one year buyout.

I also don't blame United for thinking it's worth paying off a year of what's left on the contract to move him on. He's not good enough for United, but I think he'd shine at a club where there's a deep defensive line and where he's not expected to build things out from the back.

maybe forest can work a deal where man u contribute his buyout or 12-13m and palace pay the rest for him to go there for 2 years.

I cannot picture Harry Maguire coping well trying to play in a Postecoglou team in the Premier League. 

His touch under pressure and ability to play in a high line are bad enough, never mind with a manager who's going to demand he plays in an even higher line and take even more responsibility in possession.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Spurs interested in signing Harry Maguire: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12165051/Ange-Postecoglou-eyes-Harry-Maguire-transfer-taking-Tottenham-job.html

Dier-Maguire would be the funniest CB pairing of any club hoping to get into Europe... so I hope there's some truth in this one

Spurs already showing Postecoglu that they hate him.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Or Postecoglu showing he hates Spurs

I really doubt within the first day of getting the job Postecoglu has already decided that the club needs any player. It's all tabloid shit.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I cannot picture Harry Maguire coping well trying to play in a Postecoglou team in the Premier League. 

His touch under pressure and ability to play in a high line are bad enough, never mind with a manager who's going to demand he plays in an even higher line and take even more responsibility in possession.

If CCV can manage it, Maguire certainly could 

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

If CCV can manage it, Maguire certainly could 

Defending one-on-one against PL forwards and trying to play through PL presses is more individually demanding, I think is fair to say. 

CCV is far more athletic and technically solid than the average Scottish Premiership CB. I don't think the same is true for Maguire and the average PL CB.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Spike said:

Who is CCV? 

:coffee:

Cameron Robert Carter-Vickers is an American professional soccer player who plays as a center-back for Scottish Premiership club Celtic and the United States national team. Carter-Vickers began his career at the Tottenham Hotspur Academy. He made his debut in the 2016–17 season, playing in cup competitions. Wikipedia

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

:coffee:

Cameron Robert Carter-Vickers is an American professional soccer player who plays as a center-back for Scottish Premiership club Celtic and the United States national team. Carter-Vickers began his career at the Tottenham Hotspur Academy. He made his debut in the 2016–17 season, playing in cup competitions. Wikipedia

So why not CRCV or CRC-V? What about VCR?:whistling:

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to Harry Maguire - West Ham Make £30m Bid
  • The title was changed to Harry Maguire - West Ham Transfer Off