talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

A Third Of Fans Watch Illegal Streams

Pissing corporations off or just slightly annoying them seems to lead to unjust punishment. I wouldn't even say this is that surprising. The lack of outrage at the sentences proves that. In reality this should just be a fine.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Did anyone actually read the story? They didn't get jail for watching illegal streams, they were jailed for selling the rights to them which is asking for trouble.

This. They've been selling it to clubs, pubs and private users for over a decade using three fraudulent businesses and earned 5 million pounds doing that. Sentences still seem harsh considering it's not a violent crime but it's not as if they were only watching or putting free streams up online...

24 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Did anyone actually read the story? They didn't get jail for watching illegal streams, they were jailed for selling the rights to them which is asking for trouble.

Yes. It's still extremely excessive in comparison to other crimes though, no?

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Yes. Still think the sentences are excessive.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

This. They've been selling it to clubs, pubs and private users for over a decade using three fraudulent businesses and earned 5 million pounds doing that. Sentences still seem harsh considering it's not a violent crime but it's not as if they were only watching or putting free streams up online...

Yea and from what I can gather Stan still thinks the sentences were excessive.. 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea and from what I can gather Stan still thinks the sentences were excessive.. 

Correct. They are excessive.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, LFCMike said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47650835

These sentences O.o

51-year-old Steven King, of Siddeley Avenue, Coventry, was sentenced to seven years and four months.

Paul Rolston, aged 54, of Pembroke Road, Coventry, got six years and four months.

42-year-old Daniel Malone, of Woodway Lane, Coventry, got three years and three months.

That really is absolutely disgustingly over the top. Total shambles that you get sentences like that for trying to bypass a greedy system which don't actually hurt anyone yet you can get less for rape or paedophilia.

This country needs a long hard look at some of its priorities.

• Subscriber

Even the fact they've sold the rights it's well over the top. It shouldn't be unpunished by any stretch but the length of those sentences is scandalous.

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/273696/sky-annual-profit/

Yeah ~5 million seems a big loss compared to 1160 million not counting the fact that this is a profit margin so its not even total earnings. Well done Sky. 

Moral of the story: if you’re going to steal, don’t steal from the ultra wealthy or they’ll make sure you get a harsh sentence

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Moral of the story: if you’re going to steal, don’t steal from the ultra wealthy or they’ll make sure you get a harsh sentence

Moral of the story for me: If you're going to use technology to steal anything at least know how to cover your tracks or dont bother.

I'd also like to take this moment to thank all those lovely people up in Scandinavia who setup anonymous servers to route streaming services and also those lovely Russian bastards who make it possible for me to watch the Winter Olympics.

• Subscriber

I've got Smart iptv off some lads i know who run a FB page with all sorts of stuff.

I have every channel imaginable plus on demand content and it's fucking brilliant. One off 80 quid fee and it's been fine for over a year.  They also do annual subs... worth checking out if anyone's interested i'll pass you on to their group.

Fuck these big companies ripping people off with extortionate prices.

16 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Moral of the story for me: If you're going to use technology to steal anything at least know how to cover your tracks or dont bother.

I'd also like to take this moment to thank all those lovely people up in Scandinavia who setup anonymous servers to route streaming services and also those lovely Russian bastards who make it possible for me to watch the Winter Olympics.

How do you watch EPL, with the new cable rates and structure? I have been screwed. Not a single football channel in my HD setup below 500 rupees. Thinking of buying the EPL pack on Hotstar. 

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

How do you watch EPL, with the new cable rates and structure? I have been screwed. Not a single football channel in my HD setup below 500 rupees. Thinking of buying the EPL pack on Hotstar. 

Yeah its quite expensive. I catch them all on Hotstar now since its just more convenient. I don't really use cable for anything else except the news.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator
28 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I hope that is true but I just can't see it.

It's not :( 

It's probably 0 because it is West Brom and Burnley after all...

Archived