talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2022/23 - Second Round Matches

football forum

2 minutes ago, N U F C said:

That was poor but a wins a win.

A few of them players need shipping out over the next couple of windows.

Dummett and Ritchie are well past sell by,  Murphy is bottom of league caliber and should be moved on.   The others were mostly a squad of squad players and you need them.   In the end they were dirty all game long.  The stats show that we practically bossed the game with 72% possession,  4 x more shots, 85% passing to 52% and generally looked to play football.   That studs up tackle on Trippier was cringy.   I am just happy it is over but that was not an enjoyable experience. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with that.

Sometimes you don't know what your going to get with the League Cup ties, especially so early on in the season but we carried on Sunday's momentum and looked decent for the most part.

Barnsley did alright, I think it helped us it was a bit of a derby, full house in so the atmosphere was good and they had a decent little spell too. Made it niggly so we had to wake up after a couple moments we fell to sleep.

In the main we cruised it though. Sinisterra absolutely walked through that game, really enjoyed himself and will do him the world of good. Really pleased with how he looks, could be a great addition to the side.

Hoping for another home draw or Sheff Wed away would be good.

I'm late to the party as usual as I'm states-side.

I thought Tranmere put up a solid fight. When a Prem side has to start bringing on several of their main players, you know they're worried.

When a Prem league club is playing against League 2 side and you have to resort to time wasting it is shocking. It seemed like Newcastle were desperate for a win. Maybe that's their aim for this season but Citeh won it several times on the trot and Liverpool won it last year. Might end up being tasty at the end.

5 hours ago, patoriku66 said:

I thought Tranmere put up a solid fight. When a Prem side has to start bringing on several of their main players, you know they're worried.

The first 3 subs were for injured players.

7 hours ago, patoriku66 said:

When a Prem league club is playing against League 2 side and you have to resort to time wasting it is shocking. It seemed like Newcastle were desperate for a win. Maybe that's their aim for this season but Citeh won it several times on the trot and Liverpool won it last year. Might end up being tasty at the end.

they certainly did fight

only Tranmere highlight was their goal.   the stats and compressed highlight reel suggests they could have been on the receiving end of hammering with some better decision making or a couple good saves.   they were completely lost in dead ball situations.  

• The topic was unpinned

Archived