• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2022/23 - [6. Spieltag] - 26-28th August 2022

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortuna Dusseldorf have reshuffled their first team. Rouwen Hennings, Shinta Appelkamp, Ao Tanaka and Christoph Klarer, who usually start for Dusseldorf, are all dropped to the bench for today's match against Regensburg. It will be interesting to see how Dusseldorf perform with the changes they have made.

Okugawa scores after he was put through on goal and he cooly tucked the ball past Fejzic, the Braunschweig keeper. Pherai had pulled a goal back for Braunschweig about 10 minutes earlier. Bielefeld are cruising to victory here, in the battle between the two clubs at the bottom of the table.

Arminia Bielefeld 4-1 Braunschweig

Klaus scores to make it 3-0! Klaus went on a run, passed to Ginczek out on the right flank and Ginczek then crossed the ball into the area, where Klaus heeled the ball home at the near post to extend Dusseldorf's lead!

Dusseldorf 3-0 Regensburg

Oooof, what a game. I did not expect a 4-0 after that first half. The team played like they had the handbrake on in the first half. All the previous results, and the fans' reactions really seemed to have left an impression on the team. The 1-0 seemed like a knot was removed from the team, and suddenly all the confidence came back. I must say, the often shitty fans and their high expectations really seem to hold Fortuna back sometimes. Even when it was 0-0 and they played the ball back to our keeper, some "fans" started to make disappointed noises again, which really made my blood boil. 

Anyway, great result! Glad to see Shinta on the scoresheet after he was subbed on! Thioune really changed the starting line-up today, and I was curious if it was perhaps a bit much. But it worked out in the end. 

11 hours ago, Tommy said:

Oooof, what a game. I did not expect a 4-0 after that first half. The team played like they had the handbrake on in the first half. All the previous results, and the fans' reactions really seemed to have left an impression on the team. The 1-0 seemed like a knot was removed from the team, and suddenly all the confidence came back. I must say, the often shitty fans and their high expectations really seem to hold Fortuna back sometimes. Even when it was 0-0 and they played the ball back to our keeper, some "fans" started to make disappointed noises again, which really made my blood boil. 

Anyway, great result! Glad to see Shinta on the scoresheet after he was subbed on! Thioune really changed the starting line-up today, and I was curious if it was perhaps a bit much. But it worked out in the end. 

Do you think that it was the changes made to the starting line-up by Thioune that made the difference against Regensburg? Peterson, Hendrix, Zimmermann and Ginczek were all in the starting line-up for the first time this season(well Ginczek started only one previous match). They certainly overwhelmed Regensburg and outclassed them, especially in that 2nd half.

One of the reasons that I personally think that Dusseldorf will get promoted this season, is because of the strength in depth that they have. You only have to look at their bench and realise that their substitutes would be starters for most other teams in the 2 Bundesliga.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Do you think that it was the changes made to the starting line-up by Thioune that made the difference against Regensburg? Peterson, Hendrix, Zimmermann and Ginczek were all in the starting line-up for the first time this season(well Ginczek started only one previous match). They certainly overwhelmed Regensburg and outclassed them, especially in that 2nd half.

One of the reasons that I personally think that Dusseldorf will get promoted this season, is because of the strength in depth that they have. You only have to look at their bench and realise that their substitutes would be starters for most other teams in the 2 Bundesliga.

Yea, I think so. Hendrix needed a few minutes, but then gelled nicely with the rest of the team. He has some great playmaking abilities, which we were clearly lacking in the previous matches. I also think it was the right call to give Hennings and Appelkamp a little break, as they looked a bit out of form in the last 1-2 games. The only thing that surprised me a bit, was Tanaka on the bench. One of our better performers so far this season. Also Matthias Zimmermann's return was very important. Oberdorf did a decent job, but he's a center back, so he definitely lacks the attacking qualities Zimbo has. 

And yea, the bench looked pretty strong. Plenty of options to change tactiics and approaches with so many options. Baah and Karbownik still haven't gotten a proper chance so far. So I hope they will have a positive impact too in the future. 

Batmaz scores Karlsruhe's 2nd goal against Hansa Rostock! It was a terrible mistake by the Rostock defenders that saw the ball find it's way to Batmaz, who tucked the ball home to score. Earlier in the half, Heise scored Karlsruhe's 1st goal earlier on in the half.

Karlsruhe 2-0 Hansa Rostock at half-time

Pieringer gave Paderborn the lead against St Pauli at the end of the 1st half. Pieringer collected a pass then just ran towards goal and finished with an accurate shot into the net. It was a well taken goal, but in truth the goal was against the run of play, as St Pauli controlled and had much more chances to score than Paderborn in that 1st half.

St Pauli 0-1 Paderborn at half-time

Manu scored Darmstadt's goal against Heidenheim, to give them a deserved lead at half-time. Darmstadt were much the better side and they will look to secure the win by full-time.

Darmstadt 1-0 Heidenheim

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I think so. Hendrix needed a few minutes, but then gelled nicely with the rest of the team. He has some great playmaking abilities, which we were clearly lacking in the previous matches. I also think it was the right call to give Hennings and Appelkamp a little break, as they looked a bit out of form in the last 1-2 games. The only thing that surprised me a bit, was Tanaka on the bench. One of our better performers so far this season. Also Matthias Zimmermann's return was very important. Oberdorf did a decent job, but he's a center back, so he definitely lacks the attacking qualities Zimbo has. 

And yea, the bench looked pretty strong. Plenty of options to change tactiics and approaches with so many options. Baah and Karbownik still haven't gotten a proper chance so far. So I hope they will have a positive impact too in the future. 

Yes, I like the look of Hendrix. He has a real presence in midfield. I was also really looking forward to watching the highly rated Karbownik more, but it seems like Zimmermann is the managers preferred choice at right-back. 

Kliendienst equalises for Heidenheim against Darmstadt to make it 2-2!

Meanwhile, Amenyido also equalised for St Pauli against Paderborn in the other match. In truth it's a well deserved leveller for St Pauli as they have created many dangerous chances against Paderborn today.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived