• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester sign Vicente Iborra

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, HoneyNUFC said:

What's the catch? Why is he leaving Sevilla for Leicester? Does he realise that Walkers and Lays are the same company?

it's not often you get to play with a player who can pull of these hairstyles.

Image result for vardy dreadlocks

Image result for vardy haircut

You don't turn down chances like this. 

If something untoward doesn't happen like him not adapting, then I can't believe Leicester have managed this coup. I wanted him for Arsenal as I also wanted Coke who went to BvB last summer and had a great partnership with Iborra. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

If something untoward doesn't happen like him not adapting, then I can't believe Leicester have managed this coup. I wanted him for Arsenal as I also wanted Coke who went to BvB last summer and had a great partnership with Iborra. 

lot of Sevilla fans not happy that Iborra is leaving this season on top of Coke leaving last season judging by when this announcement was made on Twitter. 

Is he more of a defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder. Or both?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

lot of Sevilla fans not happy that Iborra is leaving this season on top of Coke leaving last season judging by when this announcement was made on Twitter. 

Is he more of a defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder. Or both?

He's a "box-to-box" player. I don't particularly like that description of players but there are times when they have to be described as such, this is one of those cases.

He's also a bit of a revolutionary instigator when things look a little uphill. He's what we should've bought when we spent a fortune on Xhaka. 

In addition to the money thrown at these players, you get hidden rewards like this from being in the Champions League. Players who played against you can get attracted to your club and it can pay off years down the line. We went on to sign 3 Inter Milan players who remember when 10,000 Newcastle fans went to the San Siro.

• Subscriber

In Iborra's 4 years at Sevilla only one team knocked them out of European competition xD

I'm happy with this. Very much so. I think he's likely to be a fit for what we are already - not the most stylish, but a team not lacking in character and attitude. There's been an emphasis on this ever since the Pearson days in our signings (though last year is an exception) and I don't think it's a co-incidence that we are capable of the unlikely as a result of that.

He's not getting any younger but he's better than what we already have there. We needed a midfielder. We were horrendous in midfield last season until Ndidi arrived. Amartey, King and Mendy weren't good enough (or fit enough, in Mendy's case) and even Drinkwater dipped in the second half of the season.

Another solid addition. I think we'll definitely be in the top half.

Archived