talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Can you remember the first item you purchased online?

football forum

A new copy of Final Fantasy VII off ebay in around 2007. It was hard to find and I had wanted it for years, I think I spend AUD$50 but that is a great deal for a new PsOne game, as the collector and second hand video game market hadn’t become insane. The same item would go for hundreds now.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Spike said:

A new copy of Final Fantasy VII off ebay in around 2007. It was hard to find and I had wanted it for years, I think I spend AUD$50 but that is a great deal for a new PsOne game, as the collector and second hand video game market hadn’t become insane. The same item would go for hundreds now.

I just checked ebay and someone is trying to sell he exact same item for over AUD$4,000

• Subscriber
On 23/08/2022 at 20:12, Stan said:

I'm guessing a song off iTunes.

Before that it was all the illegal songs off Limewire before the viruses took over xD 

Wow that brings back memories. Sat on MSN and giving your computer aids so you could add songs to your IPOD.

This guy was the one giving my PC aids, though.

Logo_of_BearShare_from_Website.jpg

As for the first thing i bought... probably football tickets.

22 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Wow that brings back memories. Sat on MSN and giving your computer aids so you could add songs to your IPOD.

This guy was the one giving my PC aids, though.

Logo_of_BearShare_from_Website.jpg

As for the first thing i bought... probably football tickets.

Remember them ipod classics? I think 5th to 7th gen? They were between around 80gb to nearly 200gb. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Remember them ipod classics? I think 5th to 7th gen? They were between around 80gb to nearly 200gb. 

Tbh my first iPod was a hand me down off a mate who’s family were richer. So, no. xD. To me an IPod was just an iPod haha 

• 2 weeks later...

Strangely I can remember my ex-girlfriends purchase round about 1999.

She bought a massage table on-line and we were living in NZ and the company was based in Australia and she was paying about £400.

All went through smoothly and she became a massage therapist for a couple of years. 

A CD by Covenant, In Times Before the Light. It was a super rare album at the time and a mailorder in Finland was doing a limited repressing. Back then online payment was super convoluted so I ended up asking my mother to make what I think was a bank transfer or some kind of credit card transaction. I think the whole process from ordering to delivery took like 2 weeks but I was super happy with it.

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Waylander said:

Strangely I can remember my ex-girlfriends purchase round about 1999.

She bought a massage table on-line and we were living in NZ and the company was based in Australia and she was paying about £400.

All went through smoothly and she became a massage therapist for a couple of years. 

and is now used on the daily by @MUFC

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

1999 - Netflix DVD subscription. We watched Rush Hour as the first subscription choice and was totally zapped by how easy it was to send the DVD back and order the next one. 

I thought it was always a streaming site lol.

Archived