talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Thread for Useless, but Interesting Football Facts

football forum

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

First warning. But please, do continue with single word responses and emojis. 

“quit bullshitting”. Quite the ironic post.

Okay, but how come I cant talk about that but Spike can talk about African witch doctors cursing the socceroos? Equally as distraught if you ask me, but alright

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bandito Burrito said:

Okay, but how come I cant talk about that but Spike can talk about African witch doctors cursing the socceroos? Equally as distraught if you ask me, but alright

Spike listened and didn't carry on chatting shit. Spike is also an adult and acts like one. 

2 minutes ago, Bandito Burrito said:

It’s a general warning, nothing to do with the post so apologies for the confusion. We absolutely want new blood to the forum and people from different backgrounds/ages/interests. You massively standout when you make lots of one word post with little content or lots of posts that contradict each other like drinking but not drinking, being at school but knowing 35 year old divorcees etc. It stands out like a sore thumb. Just calm it down a bit.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Glad to see that Ukraine's most valuable player, is worth almost twice the amount in value compared to Russia's most valuable player.

Well, Mudryk seems to be the real deal. I remember watching that Gladbach vs. Ukraine charity match, and being really impressed with that kid. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s a general warning, nothing to do with the post so apologies for the confusion. We absolutely want new blood to the forum and people from different backgrounds/ages/interests. You massively standout when you make lots of one word post with little content or lots of posts that contradict each other like drinking but not drinking, being at school but knowing 35 year old divorcees etc. It stands out like a sore thumb. Just calm it down a bit.

fair enough, yea youre right. apologies

54 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, Mudryk seems to be the real deal. I remember watching that Gladbach vs. Ukraine charity match, and being really impressed with that kid. 

Yes, despite being so young, he is almost always influential when he plays for Ukraine. I am still convinced that had Mudryk started the play-off game against Wales in the summer, that Ukraine would have been at the World Cup. Instead, the manager decided to bring him on in the final 13 minutes of the game. I think that with players of Mudryk's quality, managers shouldn't be worrying about their inexperience or if they are new to the international set-up, they should just be played.

In any case, I think Mudryk joining a top club will really enhance his game further. I am not sure where he should go, although Arsenal seem like the favourites to sign him. Leverkusen seriously wanted him at one point as well, but I think that their chances of buying him are over, given that most of Europe's top clubs are now after Mudryk.

46 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Australia hold the record for the largest international win in both mens and womens football. Both were also against American Samoa. 31.0 for mens and 21.0 for womens 

Archie Thompson of Australia also holds the record for the most international goals scored in a single match and it was indeed in that match against American Samoa, where Thompson scored a record 13 goals. It was a World Cup qualifying match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Clint Eastwood says he still has the same poncho he wore in the spaghetti westerns (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, etc) and it has never been washed in 54 years and it's still sitting in a glass case in his house.

download.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7934597/Clint-Eastwood-reveals-owns-iconic-54-year-old-poncho.html

That's a very interesting football fact! :ph34r: xD 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

The White Horse Final - 100 Years On

When PC George Scorey entered Rochester Row police station on 28 April 1923 he was only after a cup of tea. Little did he know that it would be the beginning of his journey into football history.

Scorey, a member of the Metropolitan Police’s Mounted Branch, had spent that morning on duty in Westminster with his horse Billy.

He had started work at 6am and it had been a largely uneventful Saturday; just the usual London weekend hustle and bustle. The most remarkable thing about the day was the weather, with the Big Smoke basking in glorious spring sunshine.

That was about to change. On the outskirts of the city, a figurative storm was brewing.........

Archived