talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antony Signs For Man Utd

Antony to Manchester United, here we go! Full agreement in place between Man United and Ajax for €100m. Antony will sign until 2027 and all parties working on documents. #MUFC #Ajax

Medicals and visa will be sorted during the weekend. Gakpo deal the next step for United. pic.twitter.com/KB8WLTFgmh

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabriziRoma) August 24, 2022

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Antony - Man Utd Linked for €100m
Just now, Cicero said:

Jumped the gun my bad lads 

its between Chelsea and Man United who will make the worst panic buy. 

PS: just loan us Gallagher already,  what Chelsea are doing to his career is scandalous,  he is just a glorified back up when he should be starting games.  He needs to get out of Chelsea and fast. 

16 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

PS: just loan us Gallagher already,  what Chelsea are doing to his career is scandalous,  he is just a glorified back up when he should be starting games.  He needs to get out of Chelsea and fast. 

He literally started last weekend. 

44 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

100m for Antony,  40m for Gapko,  now they want Dubs on top of 142m already spent......FFP clearly doesn't work. 

I think Gapko is a back up plan if we can't get Antony or Ronaldo leaves.  Word is our interest has cooled on him as they are confident on getting Antony and Gapko hasn't impressed lately.  

As for the FFP, United's revenue is so high we could probably spend a lot more than we do, which is pretty high.  Plus I think the new limits are spread over 3 years , which is why  helped can spend around  £300m  this window.

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I  am not sure they should be classified as panic buys, the buys maybe fast and furious as we get to the end of the window, but for the most part both teams are linked to good players and have been after the same players through out the window.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

You get really salty when things don't go your way don't you xD

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

If the likes of Antony costs double Cody Gakpo and Cody Gakpo costs nearly double Luis Sinisterra, I'm starting to wonder if we've nailed an absolute bargain.

you did, I wanted Sinisterra, a lot due to Tino being his uncle and Tino is an absolute legend on Tyneside

10 hours ago, 6666 said:

Usually teams don't like their ex-manager trying to cherry pick their players but Ajax must be loving Man Utd at the moment.

the Dutch league is a feeder system, Ajax turn over players at a great rate so yes they are loving every bid that is way more than the players worth.

14 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Only 1 in 3 for Ajax. Fairly sure the Dutch league isn't the strongest. £100m seems way over the odds. Surely at least 3 or 4 times over what a Premier League striker with those figures would be rated at.

8 goals 4 assists.....Donny vD Bench enters the chat

The real winner of this deal is São Paulo. They´ll be getting almost 100 million reais. That´s a ton of money for a brazilian club. 

I like Antony, he´s a very good player. He creates lots of chances with his vision and dribbling on the right side. Being also familiar with ten Hag system is also a plus. Having said that, I don´t like that fee though. He´s nowhere near a 100 million euros player.

• The title was changed to Antony Signs For Man Utd

Archived