talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lacazette Completes Arsenal Medical Ahead Of £45m Move

Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette has completed a medical at Arsenal before becoming their record transfer signing in a deal worth at least £45m.

The Gunners had an initial bid for the 26-year-old France international rejected, but talks continued.

His fee, of up to £52m with add-ons, will surpass the £42.4m Arsenal paid Real Madrid for Mesut Ozil in 2013.

Lacazette was second top scorer in Ligue 1 - the French top flight - last season with 28 goals.

He has scored 129 goals in 275 matches in all competitions since breaking into the first team in the 2009-10 campaign.

His league tally last season was bettered by only Paris St-Germain's Edinson Cavani, with 35.

Lacazette, who has won 11 caps for France, has been linked with several top clubs and looked set to join Atletico Madrid before their transfer ban was upheld by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Last week Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis promised fans "top-quality" summer signings during a question-and-answer session.

Left-back Sead Kolasinac, who joined from Schalke, is Arsenal's only recruit since the end of last season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40496970

Arsenal could compete for a place in the top 4 with this signing :ph34r:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 good signings so far. Even if people think this is expensive it's offset by the fact Bundesliga's LB of the season, Kolasinac, signed on a free transfer. The rest of the transfer window will probably depend on who's going.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Potentially good news for us if it pushes Giroud out of Arsenal although I hold little faith after he's supposed to still be happy there. Either way this is good news for the Gunners, they've moaned for years about not spending money so now that they finally have I hope they thank Wenger and the board - even if it does mean that Alexis and Ozil might be heading out the other way.

maybe another option instead of Perez who's on his way out. So Giroud will most likely stay along with Lacazette as their main strikers. 

There arent many strikers about, but he is coming from a team that finished 4th and Lyon have had a bit of clear out this summer selling a number of players now.  Also you have to look at the quality of the French league, Lacazette scored 28 goals and a player like Gomis got 20 goals!       

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Naa I think Lacazette needs to worry more about Gignac because of the system.

Gignac did actually make the Euro 2016 squad ahead of Lacazette as backup for Giroud just incase Giroud got injured so they could still play the same system. ;)

Thankfully Gignac's not really in the picture anymore as he's not that good anymore and Deschamps has had to come up with a plan B when they have to play without the God, Giroud.

45 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Gignac did actually make the Euro 2016 squad ahead of Lacazette as backup for Giroud just incase Giroud got injured so they could still play the same system. ;)

Thankfully Gignac's not really in the picture anymore as he's not that good anymore and Deschamps has had to come up with a plan B when they have to play without the God, Giroud.

Aha ;)

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Well fuck me. Wenger's actually spent mega money on a forward.

Not even sure if this is considered mega money now or just the standard amount you just have to pay for a player with some hype attached to them.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Not even sure if this is considered mega money now or just the standard amount you just have to pay for a player with some hype attached to them.

I'd consider over fifty million mega to be honest but maybe I'm just small-time.

On 06/07/2017 at 7:52 AM, Dan said:

Well fuck me. Wenger's actually spent mega money on a forward.

45m feels about on par with last years 25m or 2015s 18.5m.... prices inflating so quickly! 

Archived