talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tammy Abraham Joins Swansea On Loan

Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham has signed a new five-year contract at Stamford Bridge and joined Swansea City on a season-long loan deal.

The 19-year-old will link up with Swans boss Paul Clement, who worked as Blues coach from 2007 to 2011.

Abraham scored 26 goals in 48 games on loan at Championship side Bristol City last season.

He also netted once in four games as England's under-21s reached the semi-finals of the European Championship.

Meanwhile, Malaga have been in talks with Swansea over a possible season-long loan deal for striker Borja Baston.

The 24-year-old Spaniard joined for a club record £15.5m fee from Atletico Madrid in August 2016, but has only scored once.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40497832

Big moment for him, did he pick the right club?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I think this suits Swansea and the player equally. Swansea needed some impetus up front as there's only been so much Llorente can do and when he's out, Swansea don't have much quality to call upon.

Abraham has bossed it in lower leagues so now is his chance to prove he can step up again. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

I think this suits Swansea and the player equally. Swansea needed some impetus up front as there's only been so much Llorente can do and when he's out, Swansea don't have much quality to call upon.

Abraham has bossed it in lower leagues so now is his chance to prove he can step up again. 

Agree with this. Worth noteing that in Clement he has a manager that should be able to get the best out of him. Good move all round.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

Who was the numpty who slated him for not joining the "big club" that is Newcastle United?

Think it'll be a good move for him, reckon Swansea will have a good season next season.

What? I wasn't that arsed about signing him anyway, and not just saying that either. Need a permanent striker in.

7 hours ago, Toony said:

What? I wasn't that arsed about signing him anyway, and not just saying that either. Need a permanent striker in.

I meant an ex-footballer who came out and slated him because of how "big" Newcastle are compared to Swansea.

Archived