talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Notts Forest 0-2 Tottenham - Sunday 28th August, 2022

football forum

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Carragher criticising Richarlison for getting snapped by a Forest player 😂. Such an agenda against him.

Come off it mate, criticised him for showboating. He got what he deserved for it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Carragher has a huge agenda against Richarlison.

There are literally countless players who have showboated like that or worse on a football pitch and get praised for their swagger, cheek, ruffling feathers, getting in their opponent's heads, etc.

I've never seen a player get kicked because he's rattled the opposition and get more criticism for it than the player who's lost their head, committed a foul and picked up an unnecessary card for their team. Carragher banging on about how Conte will be fuming at him for risking an injury. Must not have been watching Conte's behaviour against Chelsea the other week. xD

Thought you meant there was a big agenda by everyone against him, not just Carragher. 

Neymar is probably worse for it than Richarlison, by the way. 

Carragher is a useless tool at the best of times.

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Haha alright lads. The keepy uppies are the real crime here. I'm the one who needs to come off it xD. Fucking hell.

I'm not saying this by the way.

Forest remind me of Fulham from two seasons ago.

They are decent on the eye and create openings but ultimately, the cutting edge in the box seems to be lacking so far. 

Early assesment of Spurs is they seem to be ticking over in 2nd gear and getting results, but there's definitely more gears to come from them which only bodes well. 

Perhaps for me, still missing one really top notch centre mid. Maybe that is Bissouma as he's hardly featured but I definitely feel there is an upgrade waiting to happen in there.

Prime Dembele in this team would be dangerous. I guess that's my point on Spurs. They need that dominance in the prime area of the pitch to really dictate the more decisive games.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Also in terms of their transfers.

18 (?) players in so far. How do you keep them all happy? How is a manager meant to get any fluency out of them? They seem to have just bought a ridiculous amount without any strategy or foresight as to how they get a team built. I know they had to cover the loanees that have now exited, but their transfers seems so slapdash.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I had my doubts about his signature...............remember?

Yes, but in terms of his finishing just because he missed a shot in training xD.

What say you of his assist? Very stylish and skilful. 

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

They are decent on the eye and create openings but ultimately, the cutting edge in the box seems to be lacking so far. 

Early assesment of Spurs is they seem to be ticking over in 2nd gear and getting results, but there's definitely more gears to come from them which only bodes well. 

Perhaps for me, still missing one really top notch centre mid. Maybe that is Bissouma as he's hardly featured but I definitely feel there is an upgrade waiting to happen in there.

Prime Dembele in this team would be dangerous. I guess that's my point on Spurs. They need that dominance in the prime area of the pitch to really dictate the more decisive games.

My thoughts exactly. Merson and Sutton had this for a 4 or 5 goal win for Spurs, I thought not a chance. I wanted a three goal win and as usual Spurs always fall one goal short of my wants. Bubbles next who won away today.........interesting.

• The title was changed to Notts Forest 0-2 Tottenham - Sunday 28th August, 2022
Just now, Chickasaw said:

My thoughts exactly. Merson and Sutton had this for a 4 or 5 goal win for Spurs, I thought not a chance. I wanted a three goal win and as usual Spurs always fall one goal short of my wants. Bubbles next who won away today.........interesting.

In fairness, when you think Kane missed a penalty, Son missed a couple chances, Richarlison did and a couple other moments, it could easily have been.

That was the only reason Forest managed to stay in the game as long as they did in truth.

But you got to be happy with the early signs. Mad to think Son has yet to bag too.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yes, but in terms of his finishing just because he missed a shot in training xD.

What say you of his assist? Very stylish and skilful. 

No, not because he missed a shot in training, I had my doubts before he kicked a ball for us.

Yes, nice assist. Of course he's going to play well at times as I've NEVER said he's a bad player have I? I wasn't sure and am still not 100% he's right for us..............that's all.

I'm still only 80% about our performances. I hope we click in soon because this wasn't the away performance I wanted. Take the three points though.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

In fairness, when you think Kane missed a penalty, Son missed a couple chances, Richarlison did and a couple other moments, it could easily have been.

That was the only reason Forest managed to stay in the game as long as they did in truth.

But you got to be happy with the early signs. Mad to think Son has yet to bag too.

If a keeper saves it I never say it's a missed penalty. For me a missed is when the taker misses the goal completely or hits the woodwork. The keeper did his job at which he is very good.

Happy...ish with the early signs but just feel that that one of the top teams will capitalise against us unless our overall play improves.

I thought the Gibbs-White, Lingard & Brennan Johnson combo looked great for spells in the game, a lot of technical errors elsewhere though, not a fan of their centre midfield setup. 

Having said that, no team with Dean Henderson is getting relegated. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

No, not because he missed a shot in training, I had my doubts before he kicked a ball for us.

Yes, nice assist. Of course he's going to play well at times as I've NEVER said he's a bad player have I? I wasn't sure and am still not 100% he's right for us..............that's all.

I'm still only 80% about our performances. I hope we click in soon because this wasn't the away performance I wanted. Take the three points though.

He’s perfect for us. 

• The topic was unpinned
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Blatant handball. No question it's a penalty.

Handball after Kane does his usual "I'm gonna climb this cunt like Kilimanjaro, and bash him like an Irishmans wife". 

If you're handballing the ball because Harry Kane is suplexing you it's not really a handball is it?  

3 hours ago, Rick said:

If only it was a big centre half that went in on Richarlison. Horrible prick he is, showboating like that against a newly promoted side that aren’t a rival? What a bellend. 

Personally I like that it was Neco Williams. Shows we raised him right

3 hours ago, Rick said:

If only it was a big centre half that went in on Richarlison. Horrible prick he is, showboating like that against a newly promoted side that aren’t a rival? What a bellend. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Personally I like that it was Neco Williams. Shows we raised him right

Rent free 😂

Archived