talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League 17/18 Qualification

• Administrator

Rangers about to lose to some minnows from Luxembourg xDxD

They were 1-0 ahead from last week but are now losing 2-0 away. Therefore losing 2-1 on aggregate. Sensational. 

• The title was changed to Europa League 17/18 Qualification
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never been a fan of Pedro.

Every game I've watched all the players have looked lost. This game was no different. Only a matter of time before another meltdown happens and we're back to square one again.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Rangers out of Europe xD. They and Celtic could definitely compete in England though :ph34r:.

Also although they won the tie Celtic lost to a team from Gibraltar last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Shouldn't have a single problem against them what so ever.

It'd feel wrong to go to Norway in July. If we ever played a Norwegian side I'd want them away in December for effect. Imagine Tromso away in December.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Shouldn't have a single problem against them what so ever.

It'd feel wrong to go to Norway in July. If we ever played a Norwegian side I'd want them away in December for effect. Imagine Tromso away in December.

It feels so wrong to have meaningful club football in July at all. This could all be avoided if UEFA actually made the Europa League a straight knockout competition and got rid of the group stage.

• Subscriber

Galatasaray look like they're out with a 0-3 aggregate deficit. Levski Sofia, Cork City and IFK Norrkoping amongst the others eliminated so far this evening. 

FC Utrecht are leading Valletta 1-0 but could be susceptible to an away goal having drawn 0-0 in the first leg in Malta.

Sturm Graz need to overturn a 1-0 first leg loss at home to get past Mladost Podgorica, while Aberdeen have just kicked off at Siroki Brijeg in Bosnia and need at least a goal after drawing 1-1 in Scotland in the first leg. 

I wonder if wenger will put out a strong team in the europa league. He might put out a strong team if it seems like the best route to the champions league. I'm actually looking forward to it. It was the same thing every year in the champions league we actually have a good chance of winning the Europa league. 

• Subscriber

Can't wait to see us in action tonight. Many people complain about the Europa League and some even say they would rather not qualify for Europe at all than play in the Europa League. I call bullshit, I'm absolutely delighted that we get to start our competitive season early, get to play more matches, get to have a run as far as we can in another tournament, and get to play against teams from a load of different countries.

Rooney to start apparently.

Other fixtures tonight include:

AIK v Braga

FC Utrecht v Lech Poznan

PSV Eindhoven v Osijek

Sturm Graz v Fenerbahce

Dinamo Bucharest v Athletic Bilbao

Universitatea Craiova v AC Milan

Bordeaux v Videoton

Aberdeen v Apollon Limassol

Marseille v Oostende

Freiburg v Domzale

52 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Can't wait to see us in action tonight. Many people complain about the Europa League and some even say they would rather not qualify for Europe at all than play in the Europa League. I call bullshit, I'm absolutely delighted that we get to start our competitive season early, get to play more matches, get to have a run as far as we can in another tournament, and get to play against teams from a load of different countries.

Rooney to start apparently.

Other fixtures tonight include:

AIK v Braga

FC Utrecht v Lech Poznan

PSV Eindhoven v Osijek

Sturm Graz v Fenerbahce

Dinamo Bucharest v Athletic Bilbao

Universitatea Craiova v AC Milan

Bordeaux v Videoton

Aberdeen v Apollon Limassol

Marseille v Oostende

Freiburg v Domzale

Clubs who aren't used to being in Europe will love it, of course. The qualifying rounds are only slightly less tedious than a pre season friendly though and the competition proper isn't any good until the quarters, or maybe last 16 depending on the draw

Archived